Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-13-2021, 09:57 AM   #406
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I don't use Calibre's metadata download very much, so I'm speculating, but I'd think that temporarily setting the ISBN number or the title and author of the merged book to be the same as the first book would work?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:27 AM   #407
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I don't use Calibre's metadata download very much, so I'm speculating, but I'd think that temporarily setting the ISBN number or the title and author of the merged book to be the same as the first book would work?
That should work. Or using the identifier for the first book on the site that you want to use would also do it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #408
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Good idea, setting the ID of the merged book to the first book's ID works for the metadata download. Thanks!
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #409
gegestrnad
gegestrnad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Image Compression

Hello...

When I try to merge Epubs with EpubMerge it always end up with the images inside the output result (which is also in Epub format) have it's quality reduced, I found out that every images' width was uniformly downscaled to 1186px,
how can I stop that?

I need the images to be in their original quality just like before the merging process, but I can't seem to find the way to disable it.

Thank you.
gegestrnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #410
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gegestrnad View Post
Hello...

When I try to merge Epubs with EpubMerge it always end up with the images inside the output result (which is also in Epub format) have it's quality reduced, I found out that every images' width was uniformly downscaled to 1186px,
how can I stop that?

I need the images to be in their original quality just like before the merging process, but I can't seem to find the way to disable it.

Thank you.
What is your Conversion COMMON options: Page setup OUTPUT Profile set to?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:58 AM   #411
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gegestrnad View Post
how can I stop that?
EpubMerge does not have code to make any changes to images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is under Calibre's Preferences, Conversion section, "Common Options" button, then "Page Setup" in the left bar, the Output Profile is the upper list.

Depending on the device chosen, Calibre may be down scaling images automatically for that device type.

However, that only applies (I believe), if you are converting the ebook after using EpubMerge.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #412
gegestrnad

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I set it on Tablet.
And Input : Default Profile
Old 05-29-2021, 09:24 AM   #413
gegestrnad

Quote:
EpubMerge does not have code to make any changes to images.

This is under Calibre's Preferences, Conversion section, "Common Options" button, then "Page Setup" in the left bar, the Output Profile is the upper list.

Depending on the device chosen, Calibre may be down scaling images automatically for that device type.

However, that only applies (I believe), if you are converting the ebook after using EpubMerge.
Ah, so it's not the plugin then?
I'm not converting anything though since both input and output are epub 2.
I've reset the setting but still not working, then change the setting again but nothing change, not even the predetermined 1186px width.
If it's not the plugin then I really don't know what is, I guess replacing them manually would do for now...
Old 05-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #414
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I've created some epubs with largish images (3840x2035) and merged them. The merged epub contains the original sized images.

I'd have to see the source epubs and the merged epub myself it provide any further assistance. Please note that MobileRead forbids posting copyrighted material--you'd need to post them somewhere else and PM me links if you me to look at them.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #415
gegestrnad

Quote:
I've created some epubs with largish images (3840x2035) and merged them. The merged epub contains the original sized images.

I'd have to see the source epubs and the merged epub myself it provide any further assistance. Please note that MobileRead forbids posting copyrighted material--you'd need to post them somewhere else and PM me links if you me to look at them.
So, I kinda try to convert them first from epub to epub again, and then merge them and surprisingly the images inside weren't compressed, um... what's happening here?
I guess the original epub were weird somehow?
Well it work though, so everything's fine now.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:31 AM   #416
8Archie5
8Archie5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhte
Ok guys, I've downloaded the plugin but I have no idea how I go about editing the metadata.
8Archie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:36 PM   #417
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

When you start to merge epubs, you put into Calibre's metadata edit dialog to change what you want of the metadata that will then be put into the merged epub.

EpubMerge tries to set reasonable values for everything, so you probably don't need to change very much.
Old 12-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #418
Joliet Jake
Zealot
Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I've used this plugin for the first time, merging five books.

It worked, mostly, but there's an issue with the table of contents. Each book gets it's own table of contents, and there's no overall table.

So if I scroll to book two, I can see it's ToC, scroll to book three, see it's ToC, etc, but I was hoping to have on ToC at the beginning, "pointing to" the appropriate books.

I still have the original books, so I can do it all over again.

I created another Epub collection of short stories (just stuff copied from a website) and used Microsoft Word's Table of Content to arrange the ToC how I wanted. I converted that into an Epub and I get one ToC right at the beginning. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Joliet Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:16 PM   #419
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Epub format stores the TOC in metadata; any TOC that appears in the text pages, while somewhat common, is technically part of the book and not the 'official TOC' as such.

In contrast, other formats such as mobi and azw3 (kindle formats) store the TOC in a visible page, usually at the end of the book.

By default, EpubMerge combines the metadata TOCs together, nesting the original TOCs in a tree. That can be changed in in Epubmerge's config. There's also an option to flatten the TOC to a single level.

EpubMerge doesn't have any way to generate a consolidated in-text TOC like you describe. Calibre's own Conversion tool can, and you can do an epub->epub conversion. I haven't looked at how well that works and convert does sometimes change things more than you might like.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:24 PM   #420
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No need to risk conversion making other changes
Calibres EPUB Editor can generate an Inline (HTML) TOC from the NCX
It is on the Tools menu
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs