Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-05-2021, 02:41 PM   #571
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDad91016 View Post
Updated the Action Chains plugin to version 1.8.4 and now Calibre will not start. I get the startup banner, then the main window flashes briefly and closes. I don't see any tasks in taskmanager either.

When I run Calibre in Debug (calibre-debug -g 1>> log.txt 2>&1), I get the following error in the log file...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.events.base", line 49, in run
File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.events.event_tools" , line 43, in __init__
KeyError: 'event_members'

Running Calibre v5.17 64-bit on Windows 10

Was working fine prior to the latest update
I uploaded a new version that should fix this problem. You can get it directly from the first post or wait until calibre announces the update (will take calibre nearly an hour from now). Please report back on how it works for you.

This problem happens when you add an event with no chains attached to it. The problem was always there and not related to the latest release.
capink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #572
SoccerDad91016
Enthusiast
SoccerDad91016 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD 8, Microsoft Surface Go 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I uploaded a new version that should fix this problem. You can get it directly from the first post or wait until calibre announces the update (will take calibre nearly an hour from now). Please report back on how it works for you.

This problem happens when you add an event with no chains attached to it. The problem was always there and not related to the latest release.
Thank you for the quick fix!

Not sure why the previous version was more forgiving, haven't changed any of the chains I have for a few weeks.

Everything is working again!
SoccerDad91016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #573
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does this work with the Editor?

I installed it and worked through some very simple examples

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...01&postcount=1

What I'd really like to do is be able to chain a number of my canned "Saved Searches", but the Action Chains PI only seems to handle metadata (as far as I can see)

Is there a way to chain editor actions (esp. Saved Searches)?
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #574
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If by "editor" you mean the calibre book editor, then I strongly suspect that the PI can't and won't be able help you. It can launch the calibre editor, but because the editor isn't part of the standard GUI, Action Chains can't "talk" to it once it is running.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:12 PM   #575
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If by "editor" you mean the calibre book editor, then I strongly suspect that the PI can't and won't be able help you. It can launch the calibre editor, but because the editor isn't part of the standard GUI, Action Chains can't "talk" to it once it is running.
Yes, I did mean the calibre book editor, I wasn't specific enough

and

Yes, I sort of suspected that the PI was limited to the main GUI since I couldn't make it 'visible' when editing a epub file

Darn
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:30 AM   #576
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I am not sure what is going on but I discovered two errors that went away when I removed Action Chains. See this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1928321

Attached .json for replication purposes and there's a test db in the comments of bug report too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Action Chains,json.zip (35.8 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-13-2021 at 07:56 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:55 AM   #577
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I posted a new version that should fix the issue. The issue has to do with the new template functions: field_names() and field_metadata(). They modified a mutable object instead of copying it.

Please test and confirm.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #578
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have a request.... could this plugin apply to the editor? Because I do a lot of automatic tasks there.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:25 AM   #579
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I posted a new version that should fix the issue. The issue has to do with the new template functions: field_names() and field_metadata(). They modified a mutable object instead of copying it.

Please test and confirm.
Both issues fixed!
Old 05-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #580
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have a request.... could this plugin apply to the editor? Because I do a lot of automatic tasks there.
I don't use the editor and my knowledge there is pretty much non-existent.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:56 PM   #581
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have to check to see the differences for the plugins installed in the editor.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:54 AM   #582
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Can Device > Update cached metadata on device be added to a chain? I couldn't find it in the Calibre Actions list.
Old 05-15-2021, 05:45 AM   #583
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Can Device > Update cached metadata on device be added to a chain? I couldn't find it in the Calibre Actions list.
The items on the "Device" button aren't standard calibre actions so no, you won't find them.

@capink: if you want to add them as a special case, do
Code:
_('Eject this device'): get_gui().location_manager.unmount_device.emit()
_('Configure this device') ==> get_gui().location_manager.configure_device.emit()
_('Update cached metadata on device'): get_gui().location_manager.update_device_metadata.emit()
It would probably be best to ensure that a device view is active:
Code:
if get_gui().current_view() is not get_gui().library_view:
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:54 AM   #584
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@capink: if you want to add them as a special case, do
Thanks for you continuous help. I will look into this when doing the next release.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #585
capink
Wizard

Version 1.9.0
  • Update: Calibre Actions: Add device actions.
  • Update: Allow adding separator to submenus.
  • Minor Fixes.