Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #601
institute
Enthusiast
institute is on a distinguished road

Device: ipad
I have MapleRead SE 3.6 on my iPad 6th generation with iOS 14.3. One cosmetic issue I would like fixed is that I have a custom scene selected for the main page but when I first open up the app after a period of not using it, it shows the default library scene for a second before the custom scene appears. This is somewhat jarring and frankly doesn't look good. Any one ever have this issue?

Thanks

Darryl
institute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #602
sglinert
Enthusiast
sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPod Touch 5, Illudium Q-42 Explosive Space Modulator
I just got a new iPhone 12 Pro, and installed a few flavors of Marvin. Both of them had problems, so I hopped around and tried a few other readers. MapleRead is great! I tried it a few years ago and preferred Marvin, but the many added features have made Maple Read a terrific app.

I have only two quibbles. First, when I change the page color, there's an ugly white strip along the top and bottom of the page. This is a minor annoyance, but a bit distracting.

The second problem is bad. When I switch from portrait (reading in the car) to landscape (reading with the iPhone on a table stand), the actual location gets lost. In other words, the page in portrait mode is different from that in landscape mode, so I have to flip around to find the place I was reading.

Can you guys fix these bugs?

In the meantime, I have had to revert to KyBook 2, which always keeps my place, regardless of orientation, sigh. Too bad the developer disappeared.
sglinert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:01 AM   #603
writerranger
I'm Brand New - Go Easy
writerranger began at the beginning.

Device: None
First. Post. EVER. on Mobileread.

iPad 7th Gen -- iOS 14 -- MR CE 3.6
(Didn't realize CE didn't read pdf files, so going to upgrade to SE)

I have used the stock Books app on my iPad and finally got disgusted with their holding my books in jail and making it near impossible to export books out of their app. It also now just crashes (just disappears after being open a few seconds). So long, iBooks or whatever they call it now.

I have tried several ePub readers and they're either no longer supported, too basic without easy import/export, etc. UNTIL that moment when I tried MapleRead. I truly love the app but a few things that I am confused by...

Big Question: Where are my books? According to the FAQ I am supposed to have a MR folder in Files on my iPad. Well, I do - but even though I've added 315 books so far to MR - the Mapleread iOS 'Files' folder is empty. I'm wanting to upgrade to SE, but can't backup the way the FAQ describes. So, I can't find any way to have all my books and data backed up so I can restore to my new SE install.

I love MapleRead and hope it's a long relationship.
Thanks for any and all help!

- Mike
writerranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:16 AM   #604
sglinert
Enthusiast
sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sglinert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't see an MR folder in the Files app. When I launch iMazing (an iTunes-ish program on my Mac), and click on Files, I do see an MR folder. However, it's empty, even though I have books in MR. I dragged a book into the MR Files folder in iMazing, then had to import it by clicking the iTunes icon in MR.

I hunted all around iMazing and couldn't find a Files folder that showed the actual MR books.

So, like you, I am confused as to where MR is keeping the actual books.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:10 AM   #605
sglinert
Enthusiast

I heard back from the developers. The light strips along the top and bottom will be fixed in the next iteration. But they won't fix the pagination problem, so I am deleting the app and reverting to KyBook 2, which understands how important it is for readers to keep their places. Oh well.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #606
writerranger
I'm Brand New - Go Easy
writerranger began at the beginning.

Device: None
On the problem with missing ‘Files’ folder for MR_Backup, and possibly any other troubles, update to iOS 14.4. The developer said on some iPads that 14.2 broke some functionality - which was back to normal with iOS 14.4.
writerranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:17 AM   #607
sglinert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerranger View Post
On the problem with missing ‘Files’ folder for MR_Backup, and possibly any other troubles, update to iOS 14.4. The developer said on some iPads that 14.2 broke some functionality - which was back to normal with iOS 14.4.
I am on iOS 14.4. Still no folder.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:29 AM   #608
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MapleRead 3.7 is available

Just downloaded the latest version of MapleRead (v3.7) earlier today and played with it. It looks great.

Thank the developer for keep updating the app for almost 7 years.

In contrast, none of my active iOS devices still in use for book reading is more than 5 years old.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:17 PM   #609
sglinert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglinert View Post
I heard back from the developers. The light strips along the top and bottom will be fixed in the next iteration. But they won't fix the pagination problem, so I am deleting the app and reverting to KyBook 2, which understands how important it is for readers to keep their places. Oh well.
And the newest version fixes the light strips. It looks terrific on an iPhone now.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #610
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Trying MapleRead again as my PDF reader. I can't figure out how to crop pages in a pdf. MR talks about using the little anchor or the bottom, but I can't get it to work for the next pages. Would someone walk me through it?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #611
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PDF Prefer-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Trying MapleRead again as my PDF reader. I can't figure out how to crop pages in a pdf. MR talks about using the little anchor or the bottom, but I can't get it to work for the next pages. Would someone walk me through it?
Open a PDF book. Long press on the anchor icon at the lower left of the bottom toolbar. Tap "Tips on Prefer-Zoom".

Prefer-Zoom is not the same as conventional cropping. Once a page is cropped, you can't see the full page any more. Sometimes, I use Prefer-Zoom to read 2-column PDF articles one column at a time, especially on smaller device screens. Conventional cropping just won't cut it.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #612
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Open a PDF book. Long press on the anchor icon at the lower left of the bottom toolbar. Tap "Tips on Prefer-Zoom".

Prefer-Zoom is not the same as conventional cropping. Once a page is cropped, you can't see the full page any more. Sometimes, I use Prefer-Zoom to read 2-column PDF articles one column at a time, especially on smaller device screens. Conventional cropping just won't cut it.
Thanks. I've been trying that and here are my problems. Once it is applied, swipe to previous page no longer works (I have my gestures set to go forward from either the left or the right tap because that is more efficient for my reading).

Second, when the left and right pages have different margins, Prefer-Zoom is very hard to set.

I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to work for me, otherwise, it is back to Goodreader
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 AM   #613
readologist
Enthusiast
readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Libra 2
Mapleread is still not showing MR folder in Itunes (IpadOS 14.6 - latest version)
readologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:04 PM   #614
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by readologist View Post
Mapleread is still not showing MR folder in Itunes (IpadOS 14.6 - latest version)
Backup still works for me as of this morning. After the Backup alert shows up, DON'T tap OK yet. (Resist your finger's tendency to tap OK habitually!) You should then be able to see the backup folder "MR_Backup", if you switch to Files app, or via iTunes.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:55 PM   #615
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
For what version of iTunes for MacOS are these Backup/File Transfer instructions written?
http://maplepop.com/web/mr/help.php#backup

The instructions don't match my version of iTunes: 12.6.5.3 Fortunately I know how to do iTunes File Sharing (iTFS) with this version and it seems to work OK.

Last edited by romad; 09-22-2021 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Added URL for instructions
romad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread