Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #46
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I hope you have better luck than I did. I could not get 1.8.2 to install through TWRP. There would always be some error. I could do a nandroid backup, and I could restore from backup, but I couldn't install anything. The same thing happened with my Boyue T63.

So, I decided to use Factory Tools to reinstall 1.8.1 (which also replaced TWRP with stock recovery), and then I was able to upgrade to 1.8.2 with the update.zip at Onyx International. If I can't install anything with TWRP, what's the point of having it?
Same thing here. I am trying to install 1.8.2 and it just gives an error. I tried to go back to the original recovery with the methods mentioned but TWRP is still there. Am I doing anything wrong or is Factory Tools the only way to go back to the original one? (I would hate to lose all my apps...).
If I have to use Factory Tools, could I just flash 1.8.2 firmware directly?

Last edited by colibris79; 09-11-2017 at 06:46 PM.
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #47
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Same thing here. I am trying to install 1.8.2 and it just gives an error. I tried to go back to the original recovery with the methods mentioned but TWRP is still there. Am I doing anything wrong or is Factory Tools the only way to go back to the original one? (I would hate to lose all my apps...).
If I have to use Factory Tools, could I just flash 1.8.2 firmware directly?
From my experience, Factory Tools is the only way to go back to the original. Sorry!

I didn't try that, but my guess is that you could use Factory Tools and flash 1.8.2 directly. Just follow the instructions as though you were flashing 1.8,1, and substitute 1.8.2 instead. It should work, but no absolute guarantees!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #48
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
From my experience, Factory Tools is the only way to go back to the original. Sorry!

I didn't try that, but my guess is that you could use Factory Tools and flash 1.8.2 directly. Just follow the instructions as though you were flashing 1.8,1, and substitute 1.8.2 instead. It should work, but no absolute guarantees!
Thanks. I just flashed 1.8.1 and the updated from the update.zip file to 1.8.2. That wasn't too long. What is going to take longer is installing and configuring everything again...
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:50 AM   #49
Avi Wadhwa
Avi Wadhwa began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Pro HD
I installed it on my Energy Pro HD, but it just restarts normally if I try to restart it into recovery mode. I used the "flash_tool" method, why does it not work?
Avi Wadhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #50
foro.carlos
foro.carlos doesn't litterforo.carlos doesn't litter

Device: likebook mimas
Any chance of supporting the Boyue likebook MIMAS @nightboy ? it is based on RK3368.

I saw some devices rooted with RK3368 chips but mostly android TVs boxes.
foro.carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #51
MobileArchon
MobileArchon began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
+1 for interest in support for the Likebook Mimas.
MobileArchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:36 AM   #52
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by foro.carlos View Post
Any chance of supporting the Boyue likebook MIMAS @nightboy ? it is based on RK3368.

Tronsmart Orion R68 SDK_0713 Firmware and Android SDK https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4oj...n_R38_SDK_0713 could help.
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:04 AM   #53
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by foro.carlos View Post

I've found Tronsmart Orion R68 RK3368 TV Box Firmware and Android SDK that could be useful to add support.
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #54
diabl0w
Connoisseur
diabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enough

Device: Max3
this is probably a longshot, but @nightboy if you are still around. Can you tell me how you fixed keyboard typing issues on our e-ink devices in TWRP build tree? I made a TWRP for Boox Max 3 and everything is working great except using the keyboard is almost impossible. Scrolling not that great either
diabl0w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, boyue, onyx, recovery, twrp