Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #31
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshap View Post
On my Libra 2 I enabled the custom header/footer captions patch and entered "29px" as follows:
# Part 2. Change font-size
# #caption
# AuraHD/AuraH2O/AuraH202/ClaraHD/Elipsa/Libra2
- Find: "[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n font-size: 25px;\n}"
Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n font-size: 29px;\n}"

But the header/footer fonts do not change size in epubs.
Can you try patching the red part of these 2 lines instead for the Libra2?

Code:
        - Find:    "[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
          Replace: "[qApp_deviceIsStorm=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}"
I think there's some uncertainty at the moment about exactly how the Libra2 behaves compared to other Kobo models. For some things it behaves like other Kobo "Dragon" devices (AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara) but for nickel.yaml patches it's more likely (to me, and I am only guessing) that it's considered a Kobo "Storm" device (like the LibraH2O).

This confusion should be cleared up when one of the main patchers actually owns a Libra2.

Similarly (and again I'm only guessing), the new Sage and Elipsa devices will probably be treated like other "Daylight" devices (KA1, Forma) for nickel.yaml patch purposes.

P.S. You would probably have received a quicker response if you'd posted in the correct thread for questions about patching fw 4.30.18838 I've asked a Moderator to move it.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-05-2021 at 10:39 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:54 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I think there's some uncertainty at the moment about exactly how the Libra2 behaves compared to other Kobo models. For some things it behaves like other Kobo "Dragon" devices (AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara) but for nickel.yaml patches it's more likely (to me, and I am only guessing) that it's considered a Kobo "Storm" device (like the LibraH2O).
How does the Sage behave?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2021, 11:26 PM   #33
OuyangZhu
OuyangZhu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Changes to the kobopatch zip:
v73 (2021-11-02): Initial release for 4.30.18838.

Missing patches:
- None!

New patches in this version:
- sherman: Unify font sizes (mostly replaces "ePub uniform font scale", fixes the font scaling in EPUBs to not be absurdly large on some devices and to be consistent with KEPUBs)
--------------------
Hello, I am a user of Kobo Libra 2, yesterday I updated the firmware to 4.30.18838, and patched my device as this post instruction. I set the patch yes as below in v73:

Enable advanced settings for all fonts
Reduce top/bottom page spacer
Reduce new header/footer height

However, after patched, I found that these patch don't worked, my sideload fonts can not use advanced settings either. And the top/bottom page spacer are also so wide.

So I rollback my firmware to 4.29.18730 and use patch v72, and the patch worked!!!

I have a little confusion with the v73 patch. So is there anyone who own the Libra 2 has the same situation, and who knows how to deal with it?

Thank you all!
OuyangZhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 12:06 AM   #34
agile76
agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for putting this together. I just installed the patch and have already noticed many quality of life improvements.

How do people generally upgrade from previous patches? Do you just start again and say yes again to the options you want, or do people have a way of carrying over the options from the previous patch?
agile76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 12:29 AM   #35
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile76 View Post
Thanks for putting this together. I just installed the patch and have already noticed many quality of life improvements.

How do people generally upgrade from previous patches? Do you just start again and say yes again to the options you want, or do people have a way of carrying over the options from the previous patch?
If you look at the overrides section in the kobopatch.yaml, you can use that section to enable/disable patches. Once you have it set the way you want, you can copy/paste those settings into another file (I use overrides_saved.txt) which will not be overwritten when installing the new patch version. Copy and paste the overrides back into place adding or removing any patches which were added or removed and you're back into business. See the sample below for an example

Spoiler:
Code:
overrides: 
  src/libadobe.so.yaml: 
    Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no 

src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Both page turn buttons go next: no 
    Both page turn sides go next: no 
    Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: no  
    Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: yes  
    Allow USB storage even when device locked: no 
    Hide browser from beta features: no 
    Disable all tutorial dialogs: no 
    Remove beta features not supported text: no 
    Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: no 
    Rename new home screen footer: no
    Remove line from bottom tab bar: no 
    Change Browse Kobo home screen link target - Activity: no 
    Set visible SmartLink: no 
    Only show Pocket SmartLink: no 
    Only show stats SmartLink: no 
    Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks: no 
    Allow showing info panel on random screensaver: no 
    Larger Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no 
    Allow rotation on all devices: no  
    Don't uppercase header/footer text: no 
    Custom header/footer page number text: no 
    Don't uppercase header/footer text and change page number text: no  
    Swap reading header/footer: no 
    Enable advanced settings for all fonts: yes 
    Customize ComfortLight settings: no 
    Remove title from reading header/footer: no 
    FeatureSettings - BookSpecificStats: no 
    FeatureSettings - ShowFacebookShare: no 
    FeatureSettings - FullScreenBrowser: no 
    FeatureSettings - MyWords: no 
    FeatureSettings - ExportHighlights: no 
    DeveloperSettings - AutoUsbGadget: no 
    PowerSettings - UnlockEnabled: no 
# PATCH GROUP - DON'T ENABLE MORE THAN 1 
    My 10 line spacing values: no 
    My 24 line spacing values: no  
# END GROUP 
    Custom left & right margins: yes 
    ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no 
    ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: yes 
    Custom kepub default margins: no 
    Block WiFi firmware upgrade: no 
    Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no  
    Set KePub hyphenation: no 
    Force user line spacing in KePubs: no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): no 
    Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): no  
    ePub constant font sharpness: no  
    KePub constant font sharpness: no  
    Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no 
    Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no  
    Un-force link decoration in KePubs: no 
    Ignore .otf fonts: no 
    Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height: no  
    Custom navigation menu page number text: no  
    Shorten dictionary entry not found message: no  
    Change Wikipedia search language: no 
    Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Greek Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no 
    Bulgarian Phonetic Keyboard (GloHD/ClaraHD/AuraOne/H2O2/Forma/Libra): no 
    Don't grab exclusive access to event0: no 
    Unify font sizes: yes

src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: 
    Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes 
    Default ePub serif font (Amasis): no 
    Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): no 
    Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): no 
    Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no 
    Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): no  
    Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): no 
    Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: no 
    Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no 
    Default ePub monospace font: no

src/nickel.yaml: 
    Show all games: no 
    Remove forgot pin button from lock screen: no 
    Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: no  
    Reduce top/bottom page spacer: no  
    Custom synopsis details line spacing: no 
    Custom synopsis font size: no 
    Increase home screen cover size: no  
    Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: no 
    Increase Book Details synopsis area: no 
    Increase library cover size: no 
    Custom collection/author header title font: no  
    Reduce new header/footer height: no 
    Custom header/footer captions: no 
    Custom page navigation scrubber: no  
    Customise Header back button: no  
    Series list increase cover thumbnails: no  
    Increase headlines font: no  
    New home screen subtitle custom font: no
    Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no 
    Remove footer (row3) on new home screen: no
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2021, 01:48 AM   #36
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuyangZhu View Post
--------------------
Hello, I am a user of Kobo Libra 2, yesterday I updated the firmware to 4.30.18838, and patched my device as this post instruction. I set the patch yes as below in v73:

Enable advanced settings for all fonts
Reduce top/bottom page spacer
Reduce new header/footer height

However, after patched, I found that these patch don't worked, my sideload fonts can not use advanced settings either. And the top/bottom page spacer are also so wide.

So I rollback my firmware to 4.29.18730 and use patch v72, and the patch worked!!!
It's hard for me to test Libra 2 stuff since I don't have one nor any other device in the same class, but I'll see if I can figure out the cause next week.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:53 AM   #37
OuyangZhu

Quote:
It's hard for me to test Libra 2 stuff since I don't have one nor any other device in the same class, but I'll see if I can figure out the cause next week.
Thank you very much!
Old 11-07-2021, 04:36 AM   #38
agile76
agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agile76 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks DNSB. Very helpful. I hope I can do this too when the time comes.
agile76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:00 AM   #39
OuyangZhu

Quote:
Thank @Semwize!!!

I know my mistake!!! Yesterday when I upgraded with the offline firmware 4.30, I just copied KoboRoot.tgz into .kobo, not the 3 files. Now I follow Semwize's advice and copy 3 files, upgrade and patched, then the patch worked!!!
Old 11-07-2021, 01:31 PM   #40
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
hello,
i have Kobo Aura 6 2014.
i'm still using firmware 3.19.5613 and i want to try to update to the last firmware.
in this firmware patch there is the option "Custom page refresh options"?
i can't see it in the yaml files.
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer7 View Post
hello,
i have Kobo Aura 6 2014.
i'm still using firmware 3.19.5613 and i want to try to update to the last firmware.
in this firmware patch there is the option "Custom page refresh options"?
i can't see it in the yaml files.
I seem to remember the Custom Page Refresh options stopped working after updating from 4.5.9587 or thereabouts.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:10 PM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I seem to remember the Custom Page Refresh options stopped working after updating from 4.5.9587 or thereabouts.
But, the addition of "Chapter" as an option probably removed most of the need. And that there are now 10 page choices rather than the 6.

At least I think that happened after 4.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:48 AM   #43
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But, the addition of "Chapter" as an option probably removed most of the need
recent books (like stephen king books) has chapters of 2 or 3 pages and this drains the battery.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:42 AM   #44
mortimer7
Connoisseur

i have enabled these patches:
Code:
APPLY `Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks`
APPLY `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
but i still see Kobo recommendations on home screen of my Kobo Aura 6":

Why?

Last edited by mortimer7; 11-08-2021 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer7 View Post
i have enabled these patches:
Code:
APPLY `Never show Kobo Plus, wishlist, and points SmartLinks`
APPLY `Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen`
but i still see Kobo recommendations on home screen of my Kobo Aura 6":

Why?
Which one is recommendations? The patch seems to be removing it from the middle row on the right. You appear to have a collection there. In the bottom right, google translate tells me that is the "Related books", not recommendations. I'm surprised it isn't removed as well, but, maybe that is another patch.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching