Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2020, 02:57 AM   #181
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
I just checked the Kindle product page again, and now it says 8GB (again).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #182
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Made my first BF purchase today--spiffy new Christmas tree! I was trying to talk myself into splurging for it at full price, since it wasn't listed in any BF ads, but today the price dropped by nearly a third, so I pounced. Happy dance!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #183
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Hulu Black Friday deal--$1.99/mo for a year. Details here.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #184
SpaceCowboy1964
Enthusiast
SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpaceCowboy1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOKcolor, NOOK for Android app, Kindle for PC app, Kindle for Android
Both the TCL and ONN are the same TV made in the same factory. Since the ONN's have came out the Walmart I work at has had the equivalent of 3 TCL's returned for every 1.5 ONN's returned. YMMV and no one can figure that one out since theoretically they should be returned at the same rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Does anyone have experience with TCL or ONN smart TVs? I'm debating a BF purchase of a 55-inch set. I've mostly had Vizios, and have been very happy with them.

I have Both TVs... 32" TCL & 32" ONN got this summer have No Problems. Just got the 42" OON a week or so ago No Problems.
SpaceCowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #185
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy1964 View Post
Both the TCL and ONN are the same TV made in the same factory. Since the ONN's have came out the Walmart I work at has had the equivalent of 3 TCL's returned for every 1.5 ONN's returned. YMMV and no one can figure that one out since theoretically they should be returned at the same rate.
Humm interesting since I could Not find anything about them. I took mine back to Walmart Onn & went to best buy got a 40" Insignia Bare Basic TV took 5 mins to get it up an running..most that time was putting a new stand on the TV.

BTW at my Walmart [3 local to me] the Onn are Winning 4 to 1 returns!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #186
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8+, Fire 10
You can take me off the wishlist - last night I bought a 21.5" Samsung monitor that will be here on Sunday. I selected it because it was on sale ($99.99), and it was one of the few in that price range that has a DisplayPort connection.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #187
GA Russell
No Grey Cup this year!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 8, 4 and jetBook Lite
I haven't seen much on sale that I would want at any price. Am I the only one?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #188
cc_in_oh
Joker
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
You can take me off the wishlist - last night I bought a 21.5" Samsung monitor that will be here on Sunday. I selected it because it was on sale ($99.99), and it was one of the few in that price range that has a DisplayPort connection.
Monitors are one of the few areas where I've seen some decent deals this year. My wife has some vision issues and I got her a 32" Dell curved 165hz QHD Freesync monitor for $330, about $120 off. Hopefully a good fit for her new PC with a mid-range AMD RX5600 video card.

I see tons of storage "sales" especially SSD but not as good as last year, e.g. the Seagate Firecuda 2TB hybrid drive for $70 last year but full price of $165 so far this year. Makes me think there are still a lot of bottlenecks in the pipelines affecting the availability of the usual flood of BF products...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM   #189
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nook HD+, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I haven't seen much on sale that I would want at any price. Am I the only one?
You're not, but tomorrow's going to have a lot more deals, then more over the weekend and on Monday.

One good deal for me was Jockey having 40% off everything + free shipping.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #190
cc_in_oh
Joker
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
You're not, but tomorrow's going to have a lot more deals, then more over the weekend and on Monday.

One good deal for me was Jockey having 40% off everything + free shipping.
I think it's true that some of the best deals last year didn't pop up until after T'giving. But I still think supplies in general are more limited this year. And I think as far as computer stuff goes, people have been upgrading all year to facilitate working from home, soaking up a lot of whatever excess supply has been available and leaving less for major BF discounts.
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #191
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Agreed on the computer stuff...I agree folks working from home have sucked up a lot of the supply. And supply chains are pretty messed up as well.

I've found a few good deals here and there: Amazon had a pretty good lead-up-to-BF storage sale a few days ago and I picked up an external SSD for a good price, which was really the only thing I had in mind for myself. And today, Sonicare toothbrushes/brush heads and some Lands End stuff are on sale at Amazon, and I found a couple of items in those sales. I also spotted one adapter I needed for my husband's work laptop at a good price, but other than that, pretty sparse pickings. I'm continuing to just sort of keep an eye out for nice sale prices on stuff I would normally use anyway, and not really hoping for a great deal on a gift or something big.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #192
cc_in_oh
Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Agreed on the computer stuff...I agree folks working from home have sucked up a lot of the supply. And supply chains are pretty messed up as well.

I've found a few good deals here and there: Amazon had a pretty good lead-up-to-BF storage sale a few days ago and I picked up an external SSD for a good price, which was really the only thing I had in mind for myself. And today, Sonicare toothbrushes/brush heads and some Lands End stuff are on sale at Amazon, and I found a couple of items in those sales. I also spotted one adapter I needed for my husband's work laptop at a good price, but other than that, pretty sparse pickings. I'm continuing to just sort of keep an eye out for nice sale prices on stuff I would normally use anyway, and not really hoping for a great deal on a gift or something big.
There are many more portable SSDs this year. I guess they're good for portable gaming but for general laptop storage purposes I like the "fit" USB3.1 flash drives...