Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #811
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You see the thin half circle on the screen that goes over the thick red line at the bottom of the screen? That's the crack Harry is referring to. It's means the LCD layer is fractured.

I'd take the second phone to a professional to have the battery change.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #812
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
No there is No damage I do see what your talking about I looking at it. There is Nothing there to explain the white line. The whole thing once booted stays 2 Seconds! then goes Black totally like it not even on.

I need to figure out what happened.... Still have another Fire Phone I need to change the battery in I would NOT want it to Die too!
Agreeing with the others. That is a crack.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #813
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I recently gave my Fire phone to my 9th grade daughter. She texted me today that the screen is cracked. Apparently it still works....I'll get a look at it tonight.

ETA only the tempered glass screen protector is cracked. ��

Last edited by booklover6; 09-27-2017 at 08:59 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #814
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Email from Amazon

As of September 30, 2017, Voice Services on your Fire phone will no longer be available. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

The removal of Voice Services will affect using your voice for commands such as “call,” “text,” and “email” and will also remove the dictation feature from your phone’s keyboard.

If you press and hold the Home key to initiate the dictation feature after September 30, 2017, you will receive an error message similar to “Sorry, something went wrong.” This is because this service is no longer supported.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #815
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Email from Amazon

As of September 30, 2017, Voice Services on your Fire phone will no longer be available. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

The removal of Voice Services will affect using your voice for commands such as “call,” “text,” and “email” and will also remove the dictation feature from your phone’s keyboard.

If you press and hold the Home key to initiate the dictation feature after September 30, 2017, you will receive an error message similar to “Sorry, something went wrong.” This is because this service is no longer supported.
And you got this on September 29? That's an absolute outrage.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 04:47 AM   #816
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Time to install Okay Google

Sent from my XT1528
Old 09-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #817
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Voice services has been erratic for months at least. And today, it refuses to pair with my bluetooth headset (same as the one I’ve used with it for two years).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #818
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, 1 day notice! I got 2 copies, though I have 3 phones, all of which are actively used as phones. My kids don't use the voice thing, so no worries here.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:54 AM   #819
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Nevermind. I fixed it. Silly Router. I had to restart the router.

Anyone having trouble connecting their phone to their LAN. I've tried an old version ES File Explorer, Solid Files Explorer, Asus File Manager none see my network. I've rebooted. No luck. I've tried adding the address manually nothing. This worked fine a few weeks ago.

I can access the internet but not my LAN.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 10-15-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:05 PM   #820
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
UPDATE: Took the 2nd to a Pro he too Broke it Still had nerve to charge me! Anyway got help in the What should I buy threads. Got a Samsung Galaxy S5.....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #821
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
UPDATE: Took the 2nd to a Pro he too Broke it Still had nerve to charge me! Anyway got help in the What should I buy threads. Got a Samsung Galaxy S5.....
I hope you didn't pay him.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:16 PM   #822
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

My Fire phone has been overheating within minutes of using for the last two months. After trying numerous things even a factory reset. It still got really warm while in use like reading or just having the screen on. I finally had the inkling to take out the SIM card and that seems to have fixed it.

So if your FP is gets really hot and you got a SIM card still in and don't have current cellular service, try removing it.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 12-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #823
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Well it looks like my fire phone might be on its way out. It's been the best little media player. I'm gonna miss it. The battery Percentage is jumping all over and it's died a few times at 0% but when plugged in says it has 50% or more left.

I need to find a replacement and put it on my wishlist. I only paid $199 for it, well really $99 because it came with a free year of Prime.

What have you replaced your Fire Phone with?
Old 12-12-2018, 12:25 AM   #824
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I went back and looked and I got this on 12-10-2014 How freaky on it's 4th birthday to the exact day I activated it, it's started working incorrectly. I ran it down to 0% or tried to when I put it on charger it told me there was 53% left. I don't know which one to believe.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #825
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Okay it's now stuck on 100% My phone thinks it's the energizer bunny!

Tried Factory Reset, Clear Partition cache and charging. I'm out of ideas. Oh and the Kindle app has disappeared from App list in settings. I notice I got alot of component updates past couple days and that's when it all started. I'm wondering why Amazon can't leave things alone. It's an old phone it doesn't need new stuff.

Okay no longer stuck. Now waiting to see if I can run it to real 0% it started acting more normal after I blocked all content but apps and photo. I'm wondering if new components and my very large cloud library of books and music are causing the sync to go haywire on such an old device.

I'll report back later.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-12-2018 at 07:38 AM.