Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Nightwish
Nightwish began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question ua.pocketbook.bookinfo has crashed... and crashed...

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a pickle. Unlike maybe most of you, I like the PB app.
Unfortunately, the scanning program (bookinfo) crashed on boot, two or three times, and the files no longer appear in the library. Well, the old ones did, but now I've updated the library and nothing's there.
Reflashing did nothing, sadly. There must be some config file to delete, but I have no idea where. I've rooted the device, but I just don't know android specific bit.
Any help?

Truth be said, Aldiko now seems to be nicer, apart from having to import...

Last edited by Nightwish; 01-25-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
Hi,

I'm having a bit of a pickle. Unlike maybe most of you, I like the PB app.
Unfortunately, the scanning program (bookinfo) crashed on boot, two or three times, and the files no longer appear in the library. Well, the old ones did, but now I've updated the library and nothing's there.
Reflashing did nothing, sadly. There must be some config file to delete, but I have no idea where. I've rooted the device, but I just don't know android specific bit.
Any help?

Truth be said, Aldiko now seems to be nicer, apart from having to import...
yeah that crashes all the time, as I recalled it is the desktop.apk which I removed after rooting the IQ.

FYI, aldiko 2 can now open books without having to import them.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Fass33
Fass33 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Hi,

I had the error messages too and tried to fix it by removing the desktop.apk, BookInfo and BooksProvider after having rooted the device. However now I have an additional page instead of the Pocketbook-Widget, which doesn't really work the way it should. I can drag&drop icons to the page, but i can't move or delete them once they are on this page. The menu bar also doesn't show up here.
Fass33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fass33 View Post
Hi,

I had the error messages too and tried to fix it by removing the desktop.apk, BookInfo and BooksProvider after having rooted the device. However now I have an additional page instead of the Pocketbook-Widget, which doesn't really work the way it should. I can drag&drop icons to the page, but i can't move or delete them once they are on this page. The menu bar also doesn't show up here.
I am assuming you are now using some type of a launcher.

To delete, press and hold the icon until the garbage can shows up at the bottom and drag and drop into the can.

To move, press and hold the icon until the garbage can shows up at the bottom and drag to new location.

I am not sure what you mean by the menu bar?

Cheers
Old 01-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
Fass33
Fass33 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
I downloaded Launcher Pro today and it works quite well now. The problem I had was that the moving/deleting process you described didn't work on the first home screen, where the pocketbook widget used to be. Holding an icon didn't do anything, it worked on the other home screens though. With menu bar I meant the dock (not really sure if this is the right word) that appears on the bottom (or side in panorama mode) of the screen.

But as i said, Launcher Pro basically fixed this. Thanks anyway!
Fass33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
hiaig
Addict

That screen should no longer be there.
Your first screen upon boot up is the swipe to unlock screen
Next screen should be the launcher pro screen.

There should not be any other screen between those two screens.

Cheers
Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Nightwish
Nightwish began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've installed the custom firmware and did a factory reset, but the app still crashes. Isn't there anyway to delete the configuration or fix it somehow?
Nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote