Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #271
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Got my first 'Not yet shipped' notice, even though I was promised 2-day delivery for Friday (22 Jun). Not nice to promise one thing and do another. A call to CS showed a third party seller and shipper on their end with a longer shipping time. My seller and shipper was Amazon. I don't buy from third parties. When the merry-go-round stopped, I received a $5 credit.

Quote:
Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #272
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I watched my Canadian league game on ESPN+ last night (Ottawa 40...Saskatchewan 17), and Walmart.com aired a commercial many times stressing two-day free shipping and no membership fees.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #273
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wanted: Hundreds of Entrepreneurs to Start Businesses Delivering Amazon Packages

Oh boy, Amazon is looking for a bunch of amateurs to deliver our packages

Just what we needed

Quote:
Amazon announced today the launch of a new offering that helps entrepreneurs build their own companies delivering Amazon packages. Amazon will take an active role in helping interested entrepreneurs start, set up and manage their own delivery business. Successful owners can earn as much as $300,000 in annual profit operating a fleet of up to 40 delivery vehicles. Individual owners can build their business knowing they will have delivery volume from Amazon, access to the company’s sophisticated delivery technology, hands-on training, and discounts on a suite of assets and services, including vehicle leases and comprehensive insurance. Over time, Amazon will empower hundreds of new, small business owners to hire tens of thousands of delivery drivers across the U.S., joining a robust existing community of traditional carriers, as well as small-and-medium-sized businesses that already employ thousands of drivers delivering Amazon packages.

The offering provides technology and operational support to individuals with little to no logistics experience the opportunity to run their own delivery business. To help keep startup costs as low as $10,000, entrepreneurs will also have access to a variety of exclusively negotiated discounts on important resources they’ll need to operate a delivery business. The deals are available on Amazon-branded vehicles customized for delivery, branded uniforms, fuel, comprehensive insurance coverage, and more.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #274
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Wanted: Hundreds of Entrepreneurs to Start Businesses Delivering Amazon Packages

Oh boy, Amazon is looking for a bunch of amateurs to deliver our packages

Just what we needed
That's pretty much what they do with local deliver or one day deliver. It's basically some guy or girl using their car to deliver. Think of it as Uber for delivery.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #275
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Stick with the delivery sent to Amazon delivery locker (ie., Safeway). Also saw on the news that Amazon will be setting up it's own storefronts to hold packages, and provide a convenient way to return items.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #276
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
Stick with the delivery sent to Amazon delivery locker (ie., Safeway). Also saw on the news that Amazon will be setting up it's own storefronts to hold packages, and provide a convenient way to return items.
They have a "pick-up" storefront in my city, but it's basically on the Ohio State campus and parking is awful. It's down the block and around behind the storefronts.

I'm an old geezer with bad knees and I can't do the amount of walking this would take.

I wish they'd open another location in one of the many strip malls in the area with parking in front of the store. I've occasionally gotten deliveries that I worried about someone stealing all day while I was at work.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:38 AM   #277
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
They have a "pick-up" storefront in my city, but it's basically on the Ohio State campus and parking is awful. It's down the block and around behind the storefronts.

I'm an old geezer with bad knees and I can't do the amount of walking this would take.

I wish they'd open another location in one of the many strip malls in the area with parking in front of the store. I've occasionally gotten deliveries that I worried about someone stealing all day while I was at work.
I've never really understood the value of pick up rather than delivery. I guess if you are worried about the safety of delivery, it requires signature or have pick up close to where you are going to be anyway it makes sense.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #278
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've never really understood the value of pick up rather than delivery. I guess if you are worried about the safety of delivery, it requires signature or have pick up close to where you are going to be anyway it makes sense.
If you are concerned about package theft, it makes really good sense to use an Amazon locker, no signature needed, you get an email with a code/barcode to use at the locker. Also get a confirming email telling you the package was picked up. A signature requires you be at home for the delivery.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #279
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I was going to order something from Amazon with a next day delivery if my order exceeded $35. Well, it doesn't. Does that mean I'll get the standard 2-day Prime delivery? No! It means I'll get the standard 8-day delivery.

So Mr Jeff, why would you hold my Prime order hostage because I won't order $35 worth of stuff?

Where's the value in Prime if my order will take over a week when the item is clearly in a local warehouse?

Order not placed. Will pick it up at Walmart in a few days. I'll get it much quicker that way.

Mr Jeff, you're not doing a very good job of making sure I remain a loyal Prime customer.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #280
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I was going to order something from Amazon with a next day delivery if my order exceeded $35. Well, it doesn't. Does that mean I'll get the standard 2-day Prime delivery? No! It means I'll get the standard 8-day delivery.
I don't understand. I've never seen a one-day prime item that wasn't also two-day prime by default if the 35 wasn't reached. I've missed a bunch of one day opportunities for not spending enough, but I've always gotten standard 2day instead.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #281
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I don't understand. I've never seen a one-day prime item that wasn't also two-day prime by default if the 35 wasn't reached. I've missed a bunch of one day opportunities for not spending enough, but I've always gotten standard 2day instead.
Color me baffled too. This is a first for me.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #282
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Quote:
Color me baffled too. This is a first for me.
They have to justify the price increase somehow.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:30 PM   #283
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
They have to justify the price increase somehow.
That makes no sense.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:55 AM   #284
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
That makes no sense.
Your irony detector needs adjusting.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #285
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
oh, hum...

Thursday evening, I ordered one of my boys a new Stanley FatMax tape measure (NOT NOT Prime.) He uses them in his work.

Saturday afternoon, it was in my USPS box in front of the house. Less than 2 day delivery without Prime.

I have no complaints. I have not seen anything out of the ordinary or unexpected. i ONLY see extraordinary service and even Prime delivery when there is no Prime.

Disclosure, though the item wasn't Prime, I am a proud member myself.

((Do you suppose they know??))
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote