Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Kindle Paperwhite Recommended Conversion Settings

I recently got a Kindle Paperwhite. I'm interested in knowing the recommended conversion settings. I mostly try to buy from Amazon but when I don't I get ePub books. I currently have azw3, azw2, azw, and mobi as my preferred order for the Paperwhite. Are there any other settings in Calibre I should set for the best conversion settings?
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile in page layout to Kindle Paperwhite. Other than that, you should be good to go.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Thanks!
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
WallyJ
WallyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just bought a Paperwhite. Installed Calibre. Chose the Paperwhite profile. Was glad to see it was available.

But I have the same problems that are all over the forums.

Books show up as docs, not books.
No covers

All info shows correctly in Calibre.

Paperwhite profile isn't making everything convert correctly for me.

Suggestions?

Version 0.9.21 - Mac
Primarily importing epubs, set to convert to mobi.

Thanks,

WallyJ

EDIT:

PS - I added a MOBI file to Calibre and sent it to the PW, and it showed up perfectly, with a cover, shown as a book, not a doc, so something is evidently happening in the conversion process.

Last edited by WallyJ; 03-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.
WallyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdoc