Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
t_rectenwald
t_rectenwald began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook G3
Charging the Cybook

Hello,

I noticed that a charger is included in the deluxe version. If I buy the regular version, will the included USB cable function as a charger as well? I don't really need the cover, earphones, etc.

Regards,
Tom
t_rectenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
Pickle
Enthusiast
Pickle began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That probably depends on whether or not the usb port it's plugged into can supply power to the cybook.
I'm fairly sure it uses a standard mini-usb port, so if you have any other devices that use that to charge you can use the charger from one of them.
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
t_rectenwald

Sounds good. So, for example, if I plug the Cybook into my laptop (IBM T42 Thinkpad), which is plugged into the wall, it'll charge "through" the laptop?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
t_rectenwald

I found the answer within the technical FAQ on the Bookeen site. It will charge via the USB cable, connected to the computer within 3 hours. I'm greatly looking forward to getting one of these.

Regards,
Tom
Old 10-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The CyBook will probably work great with the Solio
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
Chenrezig
Chenrezig began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
The CyBook will probably work great with the Solio
but not for that kind of money! is there no cheaper alternative?

Last edited by CommanderROR; 10-29-2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: translated to english... ;)
Chenrezig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenrezig View Post
but not for that kind of money! is there no cheaper alternative?
I am looking for one myself. If you find one, let me know
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
something like this

for $5
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
zandor
zandor is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook G3 (in order)
or in the car:
zandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
Pickle
Enthusiast

Heck, my motorola phone uses a mini usb port to charge and came with an ac adaptor (no I haven't gotten around to plugging the cybook into it yet). Go to any cell phone store and you can probably get one for $20. It's a little more expensive than the ones above, but you don't need a usb cable with it.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does the light ever go out on your Gen3 when you charge it? I was sort of expecting the light to go out when it had finished charging, but it seems to be more of an "I'm connected to a power source" light than an "I'm charging" light.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #12
Pickle
Enthusiast

I think the light on mine always stays on. I figured it would turn green or something and then stopped paying close attention. I'm pretty sure it has always been on and orange/red though.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
I think the light on mine always stays on. I figured it would turn green or something and then stopped paying close attention. I'm pretty sure it has always been on and orange/red though.
Having left my Cybook charging for several hours overnight on various days, I can positively state this is the normal condition. Unlike the 'smart' battery chargers, the Cybook's LED never changes when fully charged.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks Derek! As long as I know it's the normal state of affairs, that's fine.

I don't think my Gen3's gone below "100%" charge yet. The battery life is very impressive, and it's reassuring to know that I can change the battery myself should the need arise.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I have had it on a couple of days and it says 80%. But during that time I have transfered some files so it got some charge then.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote