Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
Danila
Danila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can´t create an html table of contents on Sigil

Hi guys! Im having some trouble creating an html table of contents on my Sigil 0.4.2.

I know you must click on "tools", "table of contents" and then "generate table of contents" but I just don´t have that option! When I click on "tools" I just see "Meta editor", "validate epub" and not much else

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks!
Danila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The latest Sigil is v0.9.7.

There's probably a lot of things in the current user manual that you won't find in your menus. The "Create HTML Table of Contents" feature didn't get added to Sigil until much later than your version.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-16-2017 at 03:29 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danila View Post
Hi guys! Im having some trouble creating an html table of contents on my Sigil 0.4.2.

I know you must click on "tools", "table of contents" and then "generate table of contents" but I just don´t have that option! When I click on "tools" I just see "Meta editor", "validate epub" and not much else

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks!
@Danila - that's a very old version of Sigil - current version is 0.9.7.

If your "I know . . . " stems from the current version of the manual (which itself is not up to date - it's as at 0.7.2) then I suspect your very old version never had the 'table of contents' feature.

See ==>> Downloading Sigil

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote