Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Does anyone know what this is about?

I just noticed yesterday that some time since the last software update (5.7.3) on my Voyage, it has downloaded my entire library. I only discovered this when I was trying to get back to the dictionaries, I finally gave up and used search.
I usually only keep the books I'm reading or using for research. It would take a long time to remove them, and if I did, would it just download them again? Does anyone know what this is all about?
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Whichever word is highlighted, (all or downloaded) tap the other one and you will see only the books on your device.
I can assure you Amazon did not download all your books.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You're sure all the books are actually on the device and you're not just viewing what's in your cloud?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Cloud results come back for most things now so as said above its probably just that.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
I just noticed yesterday that some time since the last software update (5.7.3) on my Voyage, it has downloaded my entire library. I only discovered this when I was trying to get back to the dictionaries, I finally gave up and used search.
I very, very much doubt that it's downloaded your entire library. You probably have the selector on the library screen set to "All" (which shows you what's in the Cloud) rather than "Downloaded" (which shows you what's on your Kindle).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Yes, you're all right. Somehow the selector switched from downloaded to all. Wasn't me!
Old 04-07-2016, 12:15 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Yes, you're all right. Somehow the selector switched from downloaded to all. Wasn't me!
No, it wasn't you. It's the default setting for the new version of the o/s. Set the two selectors to "Downloaded" and "All Items", respectively.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #8
JimmyG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, it wasn't you. It's the default setting for the new version of the o/s. Set the two selectors to "Downloaded" and "All Items", respectively.
It used to have buttons for Cloud and Device, right?
Thanks, everybody for educating me. I guess I have finally reached the point (75) where I don't like change. While I'm here I'll ask another question.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
It used to have buttons for Cloud and Device, right?
Thanks, everybody for educating me. I guess I have finally reached the point (75) where I don't like change. While I'm here I'll ask another question.
You're not alone.

Change for the sake of change is pretty stupid -- this (stupid) change confused a lot of people, many of whom are not very old at all.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #10
JimmyG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You're not alone.

Change for the sake of change is pretty stupid -- this (stupid) change confused a lot of people, many of whom are not very old at all.
Quote:
Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
I'm working on a book and your quote jumped out at me.

Did you know that, at his request, Clyde Barrow has on his tombstone, "Gone But Not Forgotten?" Little factoid for you.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #11
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Ah, but any change that eliminates one more use of the word 'cloud' to mean something other than 'thing in the sky that portends rain' is a good change in my book!
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:42 PM   #12
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
I'm working on a book and your quote jumped out at me.

Did you know that, at his request, Clyde Barrow has on his tombstone, "Gone But Not Forgotten?" Little factoid for you.
I had forgotten about that.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Ah, but any change that eliminates one more use of the word 'cloud' to mean something other than 'thing in the sky that portends rain' is a good change in my book!
We must agree to disagree.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, voyage