Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
trying
trying doesn't littertrying doesn't litter

Device: none
Hiding E-book Viewer mouse cursor in fullscreen mode?

Is it possible to have the E-book Viewer mouse cursor hidden in fullscreen mode when the mouse has been stationary for a few seconds? And have it appear again when the mouse is moved?

Currently, I have to manually move the cursor to the middle (in 2 column mode) so that it's not covering up some of the text.

I just switched over to Calibre 2.0, but 1.47 had the same problem.

Windows 7 SP1
trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying View Post
Is it possible to have the E-book Viewer mouse cursor hidden in fullscreen mode when the mouse has been stationary for a few seconds? And have it appear again when the mouse is moved?

Currently, I have to manually move the cursor to the middle (in 2 column mode) so that it's not covering up some of the text.

I just switched over to Calibre 2.0, but 1.47 had the same problem.

Windows 7 SP1
@trying - I use the Cursor Hider gadget, it works for all programs, eg when typing an email or a report. It works better than the freebies I tried.

It cost me $AU12.50; I'm mouse averse, so I don't want to see its pointer until I want to use the darn thing. Hence I was happy to buy it.

Searches for 'windows hide cursor' and 'windows hide mouse pointer' should find a number of alternatives.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
trying
trying doesn't littertrying doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@trying - I use the Cursor Hider gadget, it works for all programs, eg when typing an email or a report. It works better than the freebies I tried.

It cost me $AU12.50; I'm mouse averse, so I don't want to see its pointer until I want to use the darn thing. Hence I was happy to buy it.

Searches for 'windows hide cursor' and 'windows hide mouse pointer' should find a number of alternatives.

BR
I was hoping instead it would be an option within the E-book Viewer itself. With QT5 you can supposedly set the cursor to Qt::BlankCursor. One would show the cursor again upon any mouse movement. And use a timer to re-hide the cursor after a set period with no mouse movement.

Perhaps I should have added FEATURE REQUEST to my subject header
trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying View Post
I was hoping instead it would be an option within the E-book Viewer itself. With QT5 you can supposedly set the cursor to Qt::BlankCursor. One would show the cursor again upon any mouse movement. And use a timer to re-hide the cursor after a set period with no mouse movement.

Perhaps I should have added FEATURE REQUEST to my subject header
@trying - You can make an official [ENHANCEMENT] request in Bugs : calibre

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5867cc625b742c
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full screen, user interface, viewer