Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
eltinusdeluxe
eltinusdeluxe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Sync Kobo Clara with Synology NAS

After buying a book from the kobo store, the sync button on the kobo reader will sync the book with the reader. I am looking to set up similar functionality with my NAS (a Synology DS418), that is: when I press the sync button on the reader, it will pull all books that I put in a specific folder on the NAS to the kobo device. Would that be possible?

PS: I am aware of content servers such as Ubooquity that can be run from the NAS, but these do not offer exactly what I want because this requires 1) the content server program to run and content to be actively updated, 2) the content to be accessed via the non user friendly kobo browser, and 3) the software to be stable, which it isn't. Instead, I want to be able to copy files to the NAS folder and then control the syncing from the kobo device.
eltinusdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Short answer: No.

Long answer: You can pull together a custom sync script (f.g., rsync, rclone, ...) and have access to it from the Library (i.e., via a KFMon trigger).
But you can't (easily) piggyback on the actual sync button.

Sidebar: probably belongs in the Dev subforum .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2020, 04:56 AM   #3
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltinusdeluxe View Post
After buying a book from the kobo store, the sync button on the kobo reader will sync the book with the reader. I am looking to set up similar functionality with my NAS (a Synology DS418), that is: when I press the sync button on the reader, it will pull all books that I put in a specific folder on the NAS to the kobo device. Would that be possible?

PS: I am aware of content servers such as Ubooquity that can be run from the NAS, but these do not offer exactly what I want because this requires 1) the content server program to run and content to be actively updated, 2) the content to be accessed via the non user friendly kobo browser, and 3) the software to be stable, which it isn't. Instead, I want to be able to copy files to the NAS folder and then control the syncing from the kobo device.
Hi, perhaps this can help you:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316894
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo clara, nas, sync, synology