Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 12:00 AM   #481
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowpoint View Post
What worked for me in the SE app was, go into Ipad Settings | Control Center, and enable the Access within Apps setting. Then in MR, swipe down from top-right edge to open Control Center. Click the rotate/lock icon to lock screen orientation.
Oh, I can lock it in control center no problem. It would just be much better to be able to do it specifically for MapleRead without touching the global device settings.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:08 AM   #482
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I have MapleRead CX 3.0.5 on my iPhone and in the library settings there is a switch to Lock Rotation however I have no such option in MapleRead SE 3.0.5 on my iPad Mini which is where I could really use it. Am I missing something? Is the option just not available in SE at all or is it perhaps located somewhere else and I'm just missing it?
If I recall correctly, there used to be a "Lock Rotation" setting on the iPad too before v2.0, when split-view multitasking was first supported (for iPad only, iOS 11 or later) about a year ago. I believe that once an app supports split-view multitasking, it can't honor app-only lock rotation any more, as dictated by Apple's rules. Thus, the "Lock Rotation" switch was taken away on iPad.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2019, 03:11 AM   #483
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
So the header/footer control is only PER book? There isn't a global setting?
All the layout (including header/footer) control settings are global (not per book). You can easily figure that out by trying them out.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:25 AM   #484
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
If I recall correctly, there used to be a "Lock Rotation" setting on the iPad too before v2.0, when split-view multitasking was first supported (for iPad only, iOS 11 or later) about a year ago. I believe that once an app supports split-view multitasking, it can't honor app-only lock rotation any more, as dictated by Apple's rules. Thus, the "Lock Rotation" switch was taken away on iPad.
Well that stinks, but I appreciate the info.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:28 AM   #485
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that using ITFS will create a backup of all the books I have in MapleRead SE? Specifically the BMlib file.

And what about with iTunes 12.7 and later which removed iOS app management from iTunes but without a replacement application?
Once a while, I do a backup of my MapleRead library and data with iTunes by essentially following their FAQ.

I have the latest iTunes (v12.9.4.94) installed on my Mac. Just confirmed (again) that File Sharing is still available. Press the "device" icon next to the "Music" button on the upper left corner of the iTunes main window. You should now see "File Sharing" under Settings in the left panel.
Advert
Old 04-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #486
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Once a while, I do a backup of my MapleRead library and data with iTunes by essentially following their FAQ.

I have the latest iTunes (v12.9.4.94) installed on my Mac. Just confirmed (again) that File Sharing is still available. Press the "device" icon next to the "Music" button on the upper left corner of the iTunes main window. You should now see "File Sharing" under Settings in the left panel.
27 Apr 19
I still use iTunes 12.6.5.3 as it has the app management and I can buy, install, download updates, arrange apps, etc. right in iTunes. From what I've read (and saw) all of the above was removed in iTunes 12.7 and above, leaving only the cumbersome way of doing it individually on each iDevice. Has Apple come to its senses and restored iDevice app management and the App Store to iTunes 12.9?

28 Apr 19
OK, I used iTFS to back up the "BM_Backup..." file to the Documents folder on my iMac, but rather than just dragging the folder to the iMac Desktop then into Documents, I just used the "Save to..." button at the bottom of the "MapleRead SE Documents" pane in iTFS.

Last edited by romad; 04-28-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Info on backup
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #487
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Just did another back-up of the "BM_Backup..." file and an iTFS back-up of the BMLib folder. When I go to transfer to my new iPad Mini 5 (just arrived 5 minutes ago), can I just Restore the first or do I then have to Add the second file?

Last edited by romad; 05-13-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 AM   #488
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Just did another back-up of the "BM_Backup..." file and an iTFS back-up of the BMLib folder. When I go to transfer to my new iPad Mini 5 (just arrived 5 minutes ago), can I just Restore the first or do I then have to Add the second file?
Have you read the FAQ on MapleRead's website?
How to copy my whole library and everything from one iOS device to another one?

Last time (a few weeks ago) when I transferred my MapleRead library (books and everything else) from my old iPad to my new iPad, I just followed the instructions and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by cedhax; 05-16-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #489
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Yes, but I just wanted clarification as it seems that doing the preceding procedure will accomplish the same thing but without any notes, bookmarks, etc.

Is there a way to backup and restore the whole library and everything?
Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #490
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Yes, but I just wanted clarification as it seems that doing the preceding procedure will accomplish the same thing but without any notes, bookmarks, etc.

Is there a way to backup and restore the whole library and everything?
Yes, backup is supposed to cover everything.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #491
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Deleted. See next post.

Last edited by romad; 05-19-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:18 PM   #492
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Well, the back-up from iPad Mini 4 via ITFS worked but when I went to Add the BMLib folder to my new Mini 5, it only partially worked. Everything came over EXCEPT the covers! So I deleted all of the 1500+ books from the MRSE Library on the Mini 5, then used PC Upload to load them again. This time it worked and every book came on complete with cover.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #493
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Upcoming release of MapleRead

Just a heads up. There are still some import and export incompatibility issues with iTunes 12.3.1 or later. We are going to release a new version of MapleRead to address these issues soon.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #494
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
Just a heads up. There are still some import and export incompatibility issues with iTunes 12.3.1 or later. We are going to release a new version of MapleRead to address these issues soon.
Is this in response to my post of 2 months ago?
Old 07-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #495
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
Good to know!

Tags
mapleread