Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-08-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
V4.1.4 has been released to the beta group

I am making this beta release because I changed development tools. Google is stopping support the tools I have used up to now in December. I would be required to switch before then, so I did it now. It is possible that I have broken something during the conversion. I have tested extensively and I don't think that there are any problems, but several of you are much better at breaking things than I am.

There aren't many changes in this version. The list is:
V4.1.4:
  • Switch development environments from Eclipse to Android Studio. The switch was required because Google announced end-of-life for the Eclipse tools
  • Switch to new FAQ system (http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/)
  • [BUG FIX]Fix cloud series sort when using calibre 2.34 or later. When using an older calibre the series sort value will equal the series value, not moving the articles (The, A, etc) to the end.
  • [BUG FIX]Fix seeing deleted libraries in Google Drive

If there aren't any showstopper problems (and I don't expect any) then this release will be promoted to production in a week.

Last edited by chaley; 08-15-2015 at 09:51 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Series is now sorting correctly when I connect to Dropbox, but it did take well over a minute to check if metadata.db was current. Thanks!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Series is now sorting correctly when I connect to Dropbox, but it did take well over a minute to check if metadata.db was current. Thanks!
Good. I am glad it is working for you.

In my testing I have seen Dropbox performance vary by as much as a factor of 10. The instrumentation in CC clearly says that CC is waiting for Dropbox to supply the current version ID, then waiting for Dropbox to supply the database. I haven't seen the same variance with any other provider. The best performer has been OneDrive followed by Box, but I don't have anywhere near enough data to be confident that others would see the same thing.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote