Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
AlainP
AlainP began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Looking for MicroSD image for Kobo Touch

Hi All,

Could someone tell me where I can find a MicroSD full image for my Kobo Touch ?
I bricked it when I tried to update to last firmware (2.4.0).
I need to recover all 3 partitions (Ext3 and Fat32).

Any information will be much appreciated.

AlainP
AlainP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
el_rico
el_rico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
Hi,

I would rather ask into this forum.
el_rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
AlainP
AlainP began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Nobody could help me or advice me where I could find a backup image of its kobo internal microSD card ?

Please, help !

AlainP
AlainP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Did you try customer support?
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Did you try customer support?
Hmmm...

Customer: I opened my Kobo, removed the uSD card and formatted it. Can I get a replacement?

Support: I'm sorry but that is not covered under your warranty and has voided your warranty. We can offer no help with your problem. Have you tried a factory reset?

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm...

Customer: I opened my Kobo, removed the uSD card and formatted it. Can I get a replacement?

Support: I'm sorry but that is not covered under your warranty and has voided your warranty. We can offer no help with your problem. Have you tried a factory reset?

Regards,
David
Sorry, I didn't see that that was what he did.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Sorry, I didn't see that that was what he did.
Formatting the SD card was not quite what he did. From other people who've had a similar problem, I suspect that it was an attempt to update with the wrong firmware -- old Touch with Glo/Mini/new Touch firmware or Glo/Mini/new Touch with old Touch firmware.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
el_rico
el_rico began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc
In this case, Kobo should publish the full image. This is something they have and it does not disclose any secret. And this should be the case for all the devices: any flashing operation can go wrong.
el_rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:20 AM   #9
TheScef
TheScef began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Looking for the IMG firmware file for the Kobo Touch N905C

My USB and wifi do not work so i cannot activate my Kobo Touch anymore after a factory reset.

Will a new IMG firmware file let me use the ereader again?

Can someone please send me the IMG file?

Thanks in advance!
TheScef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brick, firmware, image, micro sd, microsd