Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I haven't had time to test the new "optncx" branch. Will be bk.gettocid() return None for epub3 books without toc.ncx or will it raise a custom Sigil error?
It's all a part of master now, so you should be able to test the features pretty easily. And we encourage those who are able to do so, to do so. Precisely because of things like this that could be potentially overlooked.

In this case, I can confirm that bk.gettocid() returns None when no ncx exists.

My ancient NCXRemove plugin uses the following code:

Code:
ncxid = bk.gettocid()
    if ncxid is None:
        print('Error: EPUB 3.0 ebook has no NCX')
        return -1
    ncxhref = bk.id_to_href(ncxid)
without needing to resort to any Try/Except logic.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #32
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
BTW, the optncx branch is now merged into master and deleted. So anyone who wants to test these changes can do a pull from master.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #33
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
@DiapDealer - we keep saying almost exactly the same thing!

edit: So it must be true great minds think alike! ;-)
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
edit: So it must be true great minds think alike! ;-)
It HAS to be.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #35
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
In this case, I can confirm that bk.gettocid() returns None when no ncx exists.
Thanks for checking this! AFAIK, only one of my plugins uses bk.gettocid() and it'll display a warning if bk.gettocid() returns None.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #36
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for checking this! AFAIK, only one of my plugins uses bk.gettocid() and it'll display a warning if bk.gettocid() returns None.
Yeah ... I don't really expect much trouble at all. But I wanted to give a heads up in case someone made the assumption in their code that the ncx would always be there (since it always has been until now).

My input plugin DOCXImport will automatically create an ncx for an EPUB3, but since it will be able to be removed (or created for compatibility), there's no real hurry (or incentive) for me to modify the plugin.

I probably wouldn't change it anyway, since older versions of Sigil would still need the ncx created--and checking for specific versions of Sigil just to see if a dummy ncx should be created on import or not seems like overkill.