Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
cscoley
cscoley began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
How to specify which format to open?

Hello,
I have a few books that are both EPUB and MOBI. They are listed on the same line so when I click on them they come up as EPUB which, 90% of the time, is fine but what do I do if I want to open the MOBI format of a book?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	171428  
cscoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Click on the MOBI link in Formats: in your Book Details panel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	171429  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Or press Alt+V and you should get something like this :

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-12 122819.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	171430

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Or if you prefer to use your mouse, there's a little down arrow next to the View button; click on that and then there's a menu that appears with the 2nd item being View a specific format, with BetterRed's suggestion next to it.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #5
cscoley
cscoley began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Wow! Super easy. Thank you all for the tips!!!
I love this forum
cscoley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, kindle, kindle for pc, mobi