Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
SandrineL
SandrineL began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Grey or missing images on epub view

Hello,

i am creating youth novels with images. Their size is maximum 600*600px, and some are just missing or turning grey when i open them with my device.
But they look ok on Sigil and have the same code as others that appear perfectly fine.

Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Sandrine
SandrineL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandrineL View Post
Hello,

i am creating youth novels with images. Their size is maximum 600*600px, and some are just missing or turning grey when i open them with my device.
But they look ok on Sigil and have the same code as others that appear perfectly fine.

Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Sandrine
There are 40 bazillion image formats and modes.
Which one are you using?
(In windows file manager) right click Properties: (summary (tab): Advanced for all the additional, gory internal details
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
They are included into the ePUB and the links are correct? Can you show us a link to an image?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
If these have come off the web, browsers and browser like displays like Sigil and Calibre will ignore errors. Epub readers will NOT ignore errors, so be sure things are all correct with self closing tags, etc.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub application, images, sigil