Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
AEM
AEM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is there a way to display two pages at the same time?

Hi,

This is my first time posting, there may be similar questions in the past,
but I couldn't find them, so please forgive me if that's the case.🙏

As the title says, is there any way to display the two pages in the viewer?

What I want to read is a kindle books, they are not the text data,
but the images like PDF.

I set the "Land Scale" to 2 or more in the "Page Layout" in "Preferences",
and I can see the number of columns increasing, but only one image is shown.

And also I can see this message🔽 on the Inspector's console. Is it relevant?

WARNING: column layout broken, VM4 userscript:viewer.js:23
probably because there is some non-reflowable content in the book whose inline size is greater than the column size {"col_size":232, "gap":42, "scrollWidth":1880, "ncols":7.014598540145985, "desired_inline_size":undefined}

Maybe these books can't be displayed on two pages in the first place?😅

Thanks
AEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The last time I tried displaying a two column ebook (playing with one of my daughter's mangas), I had to stretch the window across both monitors to get enough width to allow both columns to show properly.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
AEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The last time I tried displaying a two column ebook (playing with one of my daughter's mangas), I had to stretch the window across both monitors to get enough width to allow both columns to show properly.
Thanks for your reply.

The window is always maximized. The result is the same even if I put it on full screen.

I've tried different sized books like a manga, but those only display one page too..
Old 11-16-2020, 11:14 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the viewer preferences under page layout
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:10 AM   #5
AEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Look in the viewer preferences under page layout
It doesn't matter where I change the settings, nothing changes, only one page is displayed.

Are other people able to view two or three pages properly?

Only me unable to do it in my environment?

Old 11-19-2020, 04:22 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That screen shot is Portrait, a setting of 0 in Portrait defaults to one column

Portrait is where viewing-window height exceeds width, Landscape is vice-versa, i.e. viewing-window width exceeds height.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:32 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
set portrait and landscape both to 2. or press the ctrl+] key to increase the number of pages per screen and ctrl+[ key to decrease.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #8
AEM

No matter what I do, it does not show up on two pages in the viewer.😥

I hope to be able to do that someday, but for now, I'll use it as it is.

Thanks for the replies🙂
Old 12-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM View Post
No matter what I do, it does not show up on two pages in the viewer.😥

I hope to be able to do that someday, but for now, I'll use it as it is.

Thanks for the replies🙂
Is it possible you do not have the view window WIDE ENOUGH for 2 pages?
The viewer does not resize, just because you set 2-up.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote