Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #106
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I agree with Zelda. I think you need Igorsk.

Here's what I got, but my Russian is very elementary (and I humbly apologize to any person who falls down laughing at my translation).

Я знаю что у ---- I know that in
нее нее нее ---- hee hee hee
Душа кошкина -- soul of (koshkina)
а я шикарная --- while I elegant
Мадам Брошкина - Madam Broshkina
она такая ---- it such
Никакая ---- None
никакая ---- None
Ну что ты в ней - Well that you in it
нашел ---- found

Dreamer
I took Russian in college centuries ago but I could do little better. I do know that the н in нее is pronounced as an N in English and I don't think нее нее нее is hee hee hee - more probably it, it, it. Of course, that makes the translation crystal clear, don't you think? нует!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #107
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I took Russian in college centuries ago but I could do little better. I do know that the н in нее is pronounced as an N in English and I don't think нее нее нее is hee hee hee - more probably it, it, it. Of course, that makes the translation crystal clear, don't you think? нует!
Da !

anyway, i've left a message on igorsk's profile asking him to help us out.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #108
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
My favorite and most useful Russian phrase is Я не знаю. My professor usually gave me an exasperated look when I answered his questions that way.

(That's "I don't know" for the non-Russian speakers.)

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #109
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Алла Пугачева - Мадам Брошкина
Lyrics of modern Russian pop is mostly rhymed nonsense but I'll try.

Я знаю что у неё неё неё душа кошкина
Ya znayu chto u neyo neyo neyo dusha koshkina

I know that she that she that she has a cat's soul
А я шикарная Мадам Брошкина
A ya shikarnaya Madam Broshkina

And I am magnificient Madam Broshkina
Она такая никакая никакая
Ona takaya nikakaya nikakaya

She's such a nothing, nothing
Ну что ты в ней нашёл?
Nu chto ty v ney nashol?

What ever did you find in her?

P.S. So where is your nickname from? I have some vague impression of seeing a "madam Broshkina" in some book we had to read in school, but cannot for the life of me recall the title or even the author.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #110
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Lyrics of modern Russian pop is mostly rhymed nonsense but I'll try.
thank you igorsk ! so that mystery is solved at last and we can fully appreciate the lyrical brilliance accompanying the fine animation of the video. it turns out it's a timeless, universal story, as we might have guessed from the animation. i'm sure we've all lived that before.

Quote:
P.S. So where is your nickname from? I have some vague impression of seeing a "madam Broshkina" in some book we had to read in school, but cannot for the life of me recall the title or even the author.
yes, where *is* your nickname from ??? inquiring minds want to know.
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #111
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I used to go with a girl from Uzbekistan (I am a guy by the way) and one of her favorite singers is Alla Pugacheva who sings "Madam Broshkina." I always liked the song and thought it would make a good screen name.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #112
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I used to go with a girl from Uzbekistan (I am a guy by the way) and one of her favorite singers is Alla Pugacheva who sings "Madam Broshkina." I always liked the song and thought it would make a good screen name.
Every day in every way, you just get better and better.

NP. Everybody Hurts, R.E.M.

Cheers,
Marc ("So hold on, hold on...")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #113
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Every day in every way, you just get better and better.
i really have to second that sentiment.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #114
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm listening to silence, punctuated by the staccato sound of heavy rain.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #115
zelda_pinwheel

i'm listening to Scarlett Johansson singing songs by Tom Waits. it's frankly amazing.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #116
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm listening to the most beautiful sound in the morning universe: the espresso machine.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #117
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm listening to Scarlett Johansson singing songs by Tom Waits. it's frankly amazing.
Brilliant!

P.S.

I think Scar (that's what I call her) rather fancies me.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #118
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Brilliant!

P.S.

I think Scar (that's what I call her) rather fancies me.
how could she not ?

i'm thrilled to see our taste in music converging.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #119
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

I am currently kicking it "Old School" with Patsy Cline.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 09-14-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:59 AM   #120
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Sometimes I feel like the...

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 09-14-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)