Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
kajoob
kajoob doesn't litterkajoob doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Exclamation Connecting a Kindle to MyWi? (wireless tethering to an iPhone)

I bought a wifi Kindle thinking I could just tether it to MyWi on my jailbroken iphone. When I go to connect, it says the Kindle doesn't currently support peer-to-peer networks. I was really ticked off thinking they didn't disclose this on the damn webpage, but I went and checked and there it was as plain as day.

So, here's my issue - I know somebody on this forum has had to have figured out how to connect the Kindle 3 to an iPhone. So, how can I get this to work?

Help so I don't have to send this thing back!
kajoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Ummm... Silly question, I'm sure. But why don't you use the WiFi hookup from your laptop/desktop like everyone else? Either that or get a Droid X that fully enables a WiFi hotspot??? Yes, I realize that would mean giving up the iToy, but isn't that a mature action anyway???

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
What version of mywi are you running. Looks like the latest version allows you to create a hotspot.
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
kajoob
kajoob doesn't litterkajoob doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
What version of mywi are you running. Looks like the latest version allows you to create a hotspot.
I have 4.0, the latest, but it only let's you do ad-hoc apparently.
kajoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
At least from what the cydia store front leads you to believe the Mywi is capable of creating a hot spot. May be there is some setting you are missing out in Mywifi?
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert