Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Alkhabiru
Alkhabiru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Disable auto-updates

My Kindle updates itself whenever the wifi is activated, which ruins the jailbreak. What can I edit in the system file to prevent that?
Alkhabiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
That's a broad set of possible answers these days.

are you saying that it is unregistered? And you mean Kindlet Developers certs?

Or do you mean the actual jailbreak.

There is a raft of stuff including BBB, backdoorlock, iptables tweaks, Updater script hacks and more to go at.

Need more info to be useful.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Alkhabiru

I just want my Kindle to not update automatically to the latest version when it connects to wi-fi. When it does, it still has all the jailbreak files, but it's like there are none. When it happened I had to go back to a previous firmware version, to jailbreak it again, and reinstall all the hacks. My kindle is at 5.3.5 and it updates itself to .6
Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkhabiru View Post
I just want my Kindle to not update automatically to the latest version when it connects to wi-fi. When it does, it still has all the jailbreak files, but it's like there are none. When it happened I had to go back to a previous firmware version, to jailbreak it again, and reinstall all the hacks. My kindle is at 5.3.5 and it updates itself to .6
Install KUAL
Install the BackDoorLock button.

That sounds to me like the best choice for your needs.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Backdoorlock is the simplest way..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=backdoorlock
Do it..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Whoops.. knc1 beat me by 1 minute..

Last edited by nasser; 08-08-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added smiley
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
Alkhabiru

I installed KUAL and then backdoorlock button and it works wonderfully! Thank you all.