Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
ironflute
ironflute began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch GlowLight
GTalk Keyboard On Rooted SimpleTouch GlowLight

So I bought a Nook SimpleTouch W/ GlowLight yesterday, rooted it, etc etc.
It's beautiful.

The only thing I've run into so far is the keyboard in the GTalk app. I can sign into GTalk fine, I can set a status message fine, but when I select a buddy and open an IM window, I get a space to type the message and a send button, but no keyboard.

I would presume it has something to do with the screen resolution and that the keyboard is in fact being displayed, but off the bottom of the screen.

Anyone else seen this issue and have any suggestions?
I like the official GTalk app quite a bit, but if someone has a good free alternative they recommend, I'd give that a shot.

Edit: I've installed IM+ for now as a workaround. I've used it extensively on iOS and it appears to be working perfectly on the Nook.

Last edited by ironflute; 02-04-2013 at 02:11 PM.
ironflute is offline   Reply With Quote