I could care less about logo placement 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
hello
Custom User Title
hello began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5130
what model do you prefer

the other threa d seemed to develop more choices then were polled. from this list, what model would you prefer cy book to make?

hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is the placement of the brand of the read so important? When I am reading with my Sony, I don't pay attention to the Silver Sony at the top. I pay attention to what it is I am reading.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Dupe: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14317
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not quite the same poll. Similar but not the same enough to close the thread.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #5
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Its to late in the process for these polls to have any effect. If you had asked these questions back in June or July, then maybe. But at this point in the manufacturing process I imagine it is much too late.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
hello
Custom User Title

well at this rate captain janeway will be their lucky first customer so we'll see whe n they anticipat e on it.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I Don't think anyone cares about this poll as nobody has yet to vote.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ehm, there are 14 votes registered, JSWolf.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
Adam
Enthusiast
Adam began at the beginning.

I pick option 5. No top logo and have the cybook logo where it is. Anyways I read in a magazine a neat trick to take off logos on cell phones. Tape up anything that leads to the internals of the device and use a sugar cube to rub off the decal. Its hard enough to take off the logo but not scratch the plastic/rubber its on.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
hello
Custom User Title

short conclusion so far, about 75% of potential customers dislike s CyBOOK logo. so if bookeen ever takes a chance at watching this forum and is able to work with it, total CyBOOK logo anihilatio n would be a good aim.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think that conclusion is not supported by the evidence, only 40% (9/22) chose the no front logo option, the other 60% (13/22) chose some variation on the logo on the front. I just don't think that adds up to "Bookeen should remove their logo altogether," even if they were going to do anything based on so small a sample size.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
hello
Custom User Title

talking CyBOOK logo not bookee n logo... and based on this front side, because thats where it is in their latest model. frontside CyBOOK is dislike d by 75% of the sample group at hand.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

I see, so you consider "not first choice" to be the same as "disliked" then. I'm afraid I can't agree with that logic.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #14
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
The poll really does need a "Who cares?" option.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I think it's cool that someone is curious and soliciting user opinions on something such as this. I personally prefer no logo, but realize that some brand recognition must be visible, otherwise how will people know what it is when they see it?
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote