Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #61
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I'll take my first dip into...what? fantasy, or how would Soul Identity be categorized?

Second Soul Identity by Denis Batchelder.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #62
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do folks want the 'where to find it' post for each voting title (like my sample for FlashForward)? I'll do it if you guys think it will be helpful and post when the voting thread starts. If it won't be helpful to anyone I won't do it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #63
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Here are a few real quick sites for the below...

Verdant Skies by Steve Jordan http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels.htm
and
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RightBrane

Soul View by Jeff Inlo
http://www.sitelane.com/ebooks/soulview/

Tide Mill by Richard Herley
http://www.feedbooks.com/author/323
and
http://www.richardherley.com/TM.html

Soul Identity by Dennis Batchelder
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/denbatch

Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I by Tracy Falbe
on MR in ePub, lrf, and mobi/prc
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44139
and
http://www.falbepublishing.com/brave...Renegades.html

Last edited by dreams; 09-26-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: add links
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #64
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Do folks want the 'where to find it' post for each voting title (like my sample for FlashForward)? I'll do it if you guys think it will be helpful and post when the voting thread starts. If it won't be helpful to anyone I won't do it.
I think it would be useful, but I'd hope they would all be pretty easy to find.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #65
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I'll take my first dip into...what? fantasy, or how would Soul Identity be categorized?

d
Rated good on Amazon. First few paragraphs are interesting...

I'll second it.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #66
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think it would be useful, but I'd hope they would all be pretty easy to find.
They are really, just a convenience thing.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #67
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post

d
I would personally put Soul Identity into the Thriller/Suspense genre. It could possible fit into the Mystery also... even though it's not a murder mystery.

But, either way it surly fits into the October category which is "MR Author".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #68
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'll third Flash Forward.
I'll fourth (or is it fifth) Flash Forward in case someone else rescinds their nomination.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #69
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
I'll fourth (or is it fifth) Flash Forward in case someone else rescinds their nomination.
OK people... Flash Forward is IN the poll. Lets get some other stuff nominated.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #70
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK people... Flash Forward is IN the poll. Lets get some other stuff nominated.

BOb
Old 09-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #71
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So the Sony Store for $12.60 is the lowest price for Flash Forward on the Sony 505? I haven't found it cheaper and I don't do "conversions".

Has anyone found it at a better price in epub?
Old 09-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #72
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
So the Sony Store for $12.60 is the lowest price for Flash Forward on the Sony 505? I haven't found it cheaper and I don't do "conversions".

Has anyone found it at a better price in epub?
That sums it up. Cheapest ePub is $14.00
Old 09-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #73
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
That sums it up. Cheapest ePub is $14.00
Thank you, AnemicOak. An ebook at that price will keep me from reading it. I'll wait until the price comes down. My TBR list has enough books to keep me occupied for a while.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #74
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Thank you, AnemicOak. An ebook at that price will keep me from reading it. I'll wait until the price comes down. My TBR list has enough books to keep me occupied for a while.
I hear that. A $14 book has to be one a really really want to read 'right now'. Usually from a favorite author, otherwise I don't bother.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #75
kennyc

Quote:
I hear that. A $14 book has to be one a really really want to read 'right now'. Usually from a favorite author, otherwise I don't bother.

Yeah, like "The Year of the Flood" from Margaret Atwood.

about 1/3 way through.....