Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Cool trick I found

Hi guys, what's up?

I just wanted to share a nice trick I discovered the other day while holding my reader in an odd way. It turns out that if you tap on the part of the reader that tells you which page you are on a scroll bar (the same one you can access when you go to options and click on "go to page") appears and let's you move to another page.

Cool :P
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Oh! That is so cool! Thanks for sharing! If that was in the instruction manual, I sure missed it.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
cool beans! i love nifty shortcuts!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice ! i don't think i would ever have found that myself. thanks !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try reading the manual some day, Zelda, you can discover even more tricks...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
thanks igorsk, i actually did read the manual when i first got my 700 but i've since forgotten most of the tricks i don't use regularly. i do actually know almost all the ones on your list.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think I must've been too eager to start some real book reading when I got my reader and missed (or perhaps blew past) the "tricks" in the manual. One odd thing is even though I knew about double-tapping to bookmark, I've never been able to get it to work... until just now. I think I may have been tapping too hard. Doing it ever so slightly made it work! I'm excited! Thanks for directing us to that thread! I guess that as much as I like to read, manuals aren't on the top of my list! Sometimes discovering these tricks on your own just makes it all the more exciting than reading the manual.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
=Y yea i never read manuals unless it requires physical assembly. I alsways assume I can figure it out ( isn't that half the fun anyway?)
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 AM   #9
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
Hi guys, what's up?

I just wanted to share a nice trick I discovered the other day while holding my reader in an odd way. It turns out that if you tap on the part of the reader that tells you which page you are on a scroll bar (the same one you can access when you go to options and click on "go to page") appears and let's you move to another page.

Cool :P
Is there a fast way to bring up the highlight toolbar too?
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #10
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Great share of tip! But its all there in the manual. This is why the manual is there. Some people just want the easy way and find their way in simple reading their reader. Companies mad the effort to make those manual guys....
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #11
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
Great share of tip! But its all there in the manual. This is why the manual is there. Some people just want the easy way and find their way in simple reading their reader. Companies mad the effort to make those manual guys....
My trick is in the manual?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #12
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Page 60:
Quote:
Hint: You can display the Page jump panel by tapping the page number at the bottom of the screen.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
My trick is in the manual?

Yeap, and in my video review, too.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
el.astrologo
Groupie

Well... who can keep track of all the little details?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
Personally I'm very thankful for the kind members of this forum who graciously share their knowledge, rather than condemn the rest us of for our ignorance.