Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
vorpalchicken
vorpalchicken began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Exclamation How do you turn off metadata input?

Hi all,

I'm trying to input a large number of PDF's (Around 14,000) into the library, and I'm encountering a few problems, alot of them were solved by changing the way that the metadata was aquired for the file, but the one thing I've not been able to find in the settings is a way to turn off Calibre from reading the existing metadata from the files in the first place.

Basically what I want to be able to do, is to import the PDF's into the library and use the file name as the title and leave everything else either as unknown (as is happening now for alot of my files, which I'm happy with) or blank

The reason I think I'm getting issues is, that some of the info that is stored in the metadata for the PDF's is nonestandard, and so Windows won't allow the creation of a directory/file with those characters in it.

Any help would be appreciated as this piece of software has been a godsend so far!
vorpalchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the next version has a config option to disable reading metadata from PDf files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert