Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #151
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the test involves shooting something DIRECTLY AT MY EYEBALL.
I know. I HATE that test too. It's just a jet of air --- but my eyeball isn't made to have ANYTHING shot at it, thank you very much.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #152
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I can remember before they invented the air-pressure test. You had to have something pressed against the eye. I used to refuse.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #153
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I can remember before they invented the air-pressure test. You had to have something pressed against the eye. I used to refuse.
oh my god. i think that would kill me outright. the worst part is he didn't even give me a choice, and the *first* time, 2 weeks ago (it's not my regular doctor, i had never seen him before, and i'm hoping never to see him again...) he didn't warn me, just reached out and grabbed my head.

i showed him though, i turned stark white and almost fainted, and had to lie down with my feet up and eat some sugar. "hm, you're very sensitive, aren't you," he said to me. as if it were *surprising* that i would react badly to things being shot at my eyeballs, with no warning whatsoever. sheesh.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #154
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dunno. I was going to comment on that a second ago, but I'll do so now instead. I think I had that kind once ..... and I *think* I liked it better. There is less "negative anticipation / dread" in waiting for the puff of air. Besides, I have worn contact lenses before, and can stand to have something touching my eye. Preferably not right OVER the "look through" opening (I'd rather insert a contact lens to the side, and then slide it to the front).

But I haven't had a chance to try that kind more than once. So maybe it's worse than I remember.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #155
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I've had the eye pressure test many times. It does not get better with age. Then again I've known some wine that did not get better with age.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #156
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Does the eye test get better with a lot of wine?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #157
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
... "hm, you're very sensitive, aren't you," he said to me. as if it were *surprising* that i would react badly to things being shot at my eyeballs, with no warning whatsoever. sheesh.
Whenever I've gone to an optometrist, because my eyes will there water like I'm crying an ocean ("I've never seen someone's eyes water so much"), they will inevitably assume I've some kind of eye-infection and run that pink dye through them to check for damage.

There isn't any damage; my eyes are just a couple of waterfalls when under optometric inspection. It's probably because I'm such a hardcore, blokey-bloke, super-macho, man's man and it'd normally take a chainsaw to the googlies to get me to shed a tear, and so the eye-water-bladders are always so full and fit to burst when poked at. That'd be it, wouldn't it?

Cheers,
Marc ("Big boys...they don't cry-y-y")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #158
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

listen, consider yourself lucky ; i had to have the dry eye test (as if i couldn't tell them i had dry eyes...), which involves 1. eyedrops that burn like acid, presumably to make you cry, if you can at all, and 2. a piece of highly absorbent paper stuck ON YOUR EYEBALL, to measure just how much you're crying (enough ? not enough ? they check with a ruler). i had to lie down after that test too (of course), and since that one was in my regular doctor's office and she doesn't have a fancy reclining chair, she made me lie down on the (cold ceramic tile) floor. i really hate going to the eye doctor.

AND she made fun of me.

(god, i'm such a baby.)
Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #159
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
listen, consider yourself lucky
I just avoid going, and squint a lot.

Quote:
...AND she made fun of me.
Well, look at you! You look like an old, bald man pretending that his hand is a spider crawling over his head. You don't make it easy not to.

Quote:
(god, i'm such a baby.)
Now, now, there, there, here let me dry your eyes with this piece of highly absorbent paper...

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #160
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
oh my god. i think that would kill me outright. the worst part is he didn't even give me a choice, and the *first* time, 2 weeks ago (it's not my regular doctor, i had never seen him before, and i'm hoping never to see him again...) he didn't warn me, just reached out and grabbed my head.

i showed him though, i turned stark white and almost fainted, and had to lie down with my feet up and eat some sugar. "hm, you're very sensitive, aren't you," he said to me. as if it were *surprising* that i would react badly to things being shot at my eyeballs, with no warning whatsoever. sheesh.
I have a rendez-vous on friday of this week that's been sheduled for a month now and guess what? After reading this I don't really feel like attending!

My eyes say differently though, they can't see their hands clearly anymore.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #161
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Quote:
AND she made fun of me.
Well, look at you! You look like an old, bald man pretending that his hand is a spider crawling over his head. You don't make it easy not to.
that's no excuse ! don't they take an oath or something ? if *I* were writing that oath i'm sure "making fun of faint-hearted patients" would definitely count as un-doctor-like behavior.

Quote:
Quote:
(god, i'm such a baby.)
Now, now, there, there, here let me dry your eyes with this piece of highly absorbent paper...

Cheers,
Marc
you just keep away from me with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I have a rendez-vous on friday of this week that's been sheduled for a month now and guess what? After reading this I don't really feel like attending!

My eyes say differently though, they can't see their hands clearly anymore.
well, i will be hoping for you that your doctor is less sadistic / insensitive than mine. beleive me, i wouldn't go either, if i thought i could get away with it... good luck...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #162
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
that's no excuse ! don't they take an oath or something ? if *I* were writing that oath i'm sure "making fun of faint-hearted patients" would definitely count as un-doctor-like behavior....
For what it's worth, you can pretty much count on me to only go to a doctor in the back of an ambulance. Unfortunately, in a couple of years, I am also possibly up for the old "prostate check", which I dare say may have comfort levels congruent with your "piece of highly absorbent paper" experience (while I also acknowledge that males can hardly be said be in anything other than a minority when it comes to "invasive examinations").

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #163
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
For what it's worth, you can pretty much count on me to only go to a doctor in the back of an ambulance. Unfortunately, in a couple of years, I am also possibly up for the old "prostate check", which I dare say may have comfort levels congruent with your "piece of highly absorbent paper" experience (while I also acknowledge that males can hardly be said be in anything other than a minority when it comes to "invasive examinations").

Cheers,
Marc
Prostate check? Hah! that's nothing! Just you wait for the annual colonoscopy. Now that's a gas!Especially the flushing part.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #164
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Prostate check? Hah! that's nothing!
Speaking relatively, I see...

Quote:
Just you wait for the annual colonoscopy. Now that's a gas!Especially the flushing part.
You're not helping, Yvan!

Cheers,
Marc (because he's not trying to, dummy)
Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #165
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Speaking relatively, I see...

You're not helping, Yvan!

Cheers,
Marc (because he's not trying to, dummy)
Wait till you see the probe they use! It's 4 feet long and 1 inch in diameter, then you'll also be stricken with heart problems. There's a good part though, they have to administer an opiate of some kind. Cool buzz. Of course no driving allowed.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness