Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Where's the book?

I know I've run across the fix for this problem, but unfortunately I didn't save the info. Can someone remind me or direct me to the thread that discusses how to bring up the text of the book when all that shows is the cover/titlepage? IOW, I can read the book as an epub, but when I open it in Sigil the body of the book does not appear.

Thanks for any help!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
There should be a panel on the left hand side titled Book Browser showing multiple xhtml/html files, those are the different sections of the epub. You double click on them to open them in the main space. If the Book browser is not visible you can bring it up by selecting "View/Book Browser" from the menu bar, or type ALT+F1 on your keyboard.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Hmm, no, it's not there, that's the problem!

I'm trying to remember, I think I converted it to some other format and then converted it back to an epub. At that point the body of the book appears. I'll try fussing around with different formats and see if I can figure it out.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
look in misc. if this there, you can't edit it so convert epub to something else e.g. mobi & back again in calibre - that should sort it
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
So only the cover page shows? Anything in the Misc folder? You'll get that behaviour if the xhtml files don't have an extension (ie "chapter_01" instead of "chapter_01.xhtml").
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Jane A
Addict

I converted it to mobi and then back and now I have my text. I did this before I saw your message, Keroberos, so I didn't look at the misc file. But it's fixed now so all is well, and I'll keep make a note for when this happens again.

Thanks to both of you!