Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
kenbaldwin
Connoisseur
kenbaldwin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
folder navigation

Sorry if I missed this, but does the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 support hierarchical book organization?

My biggest complaint about the Sony Reader is that the flat navigation structure makes it impractical to put my whole collection on the device, despite the fact that it will easily fit. That is, I want to be able to organize my books as I wish on the expansion card, then browse the file structure.

Thanks
kenbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbaldwin View Post
Sorry if I missed this, but does the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 support hierarchical book organization?

My biggest complaint about the Sony Reader is that the flat navigation structure makes it impractical to put my whole collection on the device, despite the fact that it will easily fit. That is, I want to be able to organize my books as I wish on the expansion card, then browse the file structure.

Thanks
As of version 0.99 of the firmware - NO! I don't know about the 1.0 version that will come with the production model; I haven't received that upgrade for my engineering sample of the Cybook.

And I also believe that an ability to form *AND* navigage folders, both on the Cybook and in the SD card is a necessary feature.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote