Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #106
BoomerM3
BoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enoughBoomerM3 will become famous soon enough

Device: Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermada View Post
Hello everyone,
My computer is running windows 7 and won't recognize my literati. Has anybody found a way around this?
Thanks!
I have the Liberati (version 2 software) and Win 7. Power up the PC & the Liberati. NOW, connect via USB cable. Do it sooner and it won’t work!!!

If you are using Adobe Digital Editions, follow the same process.

peter
BoomerM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #107
nermada
nermada began at the beginning.

Device: literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@Kobo View Post
Hello nermada,

Make sure you're running the latest firmware 2.0 and after the update, reboot, and try again. Hope this helps.

-Dave
Hello Dave,
Thanks for replying! I have firmware 2.0, but it's sooo temperamental.
Out of 30 times that I tried to plug it in my PC recognized it ONCE.
Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks again.
nermada is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #108
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermada View Post
Hello Dave,
Thanks for replying! I have firmware 2.0, but it's sooo temperamental.
Out of 30 times that I tried to plug it in my PC recognized it ONCE.
Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks again.
Some folks have reported that the cable that's included doesn't work well (fortunately mine does). So try another cable. They're easy to find at electronics stores.

HTH
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #109
nermada

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerM3 View Post
I have the Liberati (version 2 software) and Win 7. Power up the PC & the Liberati. NOW, connect via USB cable. Do it sooner and it won’t work!!!

If you are using Adobe Digital Editions, follow the same process.

peter
Peter,
Thanks for the idea. I don't know, that I was doing it differently, but when i paid attention , your suggestion worked.
Thank you!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #110
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
You guys are mentioning Ver 2.0 of the firmware. Mine has 1.9 and the website says that 1.9 is the latest. So, where are you getting this later version from?
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #111
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
You guys are mentioning Ver 2.0 of the firmware. Mine has 1.9 and the website says that 1.9 is the latest. So, where are you getting this later version from?
Mine automatically downloaded/updated to it after I got it. I, too, noticed that the web site still says 1.9. I'm wondering, there are two versions of the hardware, the "old" and the "new". I have the "old" version. Perhaps only the "old" hardware is getting the 2.0 but the "new" doesn't need it and is getting 1.9 instead?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #112
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Forget the above. I just checked. It's now 2.0. (Jan 19). Dunno when it updated as it didn't alert me.
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #113
Amaranth
Amaranth began at the beginning.

Device: Literati
Dave@Kobo:

Hopefully you check this thread again and see this. Do you know who I would get in contact with to get the u-boot and kernel source for the Literati device?
Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:49 AM   #114
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post

The issue that I can't do anything about is more about the case and less about the reader. The case is so close around the D-pad that it's a bit awkward to use. I would usually use my right thumb for it but I can't do that easily. I have to use an index finger to press the right arrow where it is right up against the case. Since the D-pad is not used during reading, it's not a real issue and would not deter me from buying another Literati.

Another thing that is not a defect but I will need to adapt to my needs is the page turn button at night. It's invisible in the dark and I need to put something there that I can feel with my thumb. Perhaps, over time, I would memorize the position making this a non-issue.
Issue 1: I agree - the black Literati is set up a bit better with more room around the D-pad. I found that using something like a pen makes it a lot easier to press the arrows - I'm thinking a stylus would be a good thing to keep handy.

Issue 2: I've read about some folks using one of those paper reinforcements around the arrows for reading in the dark. I might try using a couple of my grandkid's little stickers, they might be just enough that I could feel the spot.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #115
nermada

Unhappy Aaaaaaaaaaaargh

It seems that my pc(windows 7)recognizing the literati was a fluke!!
I don't know what to do, and I've tried a couple of different cables, I have firmware 2.0 and my other pc which is running windows xp also doesn't recognize it! Help!!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #116
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post

Another thing that is not a defect but I will need to adapt to my needs is the page turn button at night. It's invisible in the dark and I need to put something there that I can feel with my thumb. Perhaps, over time, I would memorize the position making this a non-issue.
Tonight I put stickers on them and yep, now I can feel where the right spot is in the dark and they don't seem to interfere at all with the sensitivity of the areas. I had some gold star stickers I'd picked up for my grandkids - they make it a bit more...colorful, shall we say?? Wish they'd thought to put a bit of a bump inside each of the arrows...

Last edited by Meemo; 02-16-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #117
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Oh no! It's locking up.

So far it's locked up 3 times.

First time I was able to turn it off normally and everything was OK.

Last two times I had to use the paper clip.

I've now got a paper clip taped to the back jic it happens again.

Is anyone else having this problem? Just wondering if I got a dud.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #118
nermada

Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
So far it's locked up 3 times.

First time I was able to turn it off normally and everything was OK.

Last two times I had to use the paper clip.

I've now got a paper clip taped to the back jic it happens again.

Is anyone else having this problem? Just wondering if I got a dud.
I think you did get a dud. This happened to me and I exchanged my literati in the store, and now it's all good.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #119
Meemo
Groupie

Or try a factory reset - go into settings, advanced and return it to the original factory settings. See if that works.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #120
clittle
Zealot

Oh no! It's locking up.

Hi nermada & Meemo,

Thanks for the feedback.

I bought it on sale ($50) at Best Buy & doubt they'd have any left; so I don't think I can simply replace it.

I did a "paperclip" reset but not a factory reset. I'll give that a try.

But it hasn't locked up for a few days so it's hard to tell if there is really an inherent problem.

Thanks again.