Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
How do you use mobi2mobi?

Ok, I got Python working, so I have faith in my ability to get Perl working also I've downloaded and installed ActivePerl, and I have the mobi2mobi gui and also a file called mobi_builder. How do I get mobi2mobi and is that all I need? Thanks!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Ok, I got Python working, so I have faith in my ability to get Perl working also I've downloaded and installed ActivePerl, and I have the mobi2mobi gui and also a file called mobi_builder. How do I get mobi2mobi and is that all I need? Thanks!
Are you using windows? If so, you don't need perl... just get the windows binaries from mobiperl and you can just run the exes without needing the perl interpreter.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I found the binaries! I'm emptying the Kindle now because I have a bunch of "book" files (that's the title) that I'm trying to fix, and those are the FW ereader files, so I want to isolate them
Old 10-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
GatorDeb
Evangelist

Works wonderfully!! 4 files down, 27 to go grr