Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #40681
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sweetpea is sooo sick! I don't know what to do. She hasn't kept anything down for four days and now she's stopped drinking. I can tell she is a having trouble chewing I think she is dehydrated. She feels like she lost some weight. She is just laying around. Oh I just can't go through this again and she is not a fighter like Maisy was. I got to find help for her.

Sent from my XT1528
Sending healing thoughts for Sweetpea. And hugs for you, Blossom.

(As I was typing this message, my nearly 20-year-old cat threw up next to my feet. )

Added:

You might want to contact APA Adoption Center to see if they can help with veterinary care: https://apamo.org/pet-services/hopefund/. They're in St. Louis.

Here are some other resources:
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals....html#Missouri. If one of those can't help, they may be able to refer you elsewhere.

And here's a vet that makes house calls in St. Louis: Mobile Veterinary Service. Explain your financial circumstances and see if she can help.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 04-10-2017 at 05:36 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:46 AM   #40682
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm dealing with a stress hangover. Every had one of those?

Sweetpea collapsed last night I mean she just went limp. She couldn't stand or walk. Water seem not to be doing anything. So in desperation I took hubby's Powerade hoped there was nothing harmful in it and pour some down her throat. I noticed within thirty minutes she seem more alert. I kept giving her more. Her tummy started to bloat. I took her to the litter box and sat her down in it and she went alot. After that she lay down normal with paws tucked. More diluted Powerade and I brought some canned chicken in and she perked right up started meowing and ate most of it. She got some strength back as as she scratched and bit me last time I got more down her. Now she is laying normal. She doesn't like the Powerade but it's helping. Her skin isn't as tent up now. I know without a doubt had I not got that in her she wouldn't be here still.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #40683
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
That's wonderful news, Blossom!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #40684
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I'm dealing with a stress hangover. Every had one of those?

Sweetpea collapsed last night I mean she just went limp. She couldn't stand or walk. Water seem not to be doing anything. So in desperation I took hubby's Powerade hoped there was nothing harmful in it and pour some down her throat. I noticed within thirty minutes she seem more alert. I kept giving her more. Her tummy started to bloat. I took her to the litter box and sat her down in it and she went alot. After that she lay down normal with paws tucked. More diluted Powerade and I brought some canned chicken in and she perked right up started meowing and ate most of it. She got some strength back as as she scratched and bit me last time I got more down her. Now she is laying normal. She doesn't like the Powerade but it's helping. Her skin isn't as tent up now. I know without a doubt had I not got that in her she wouldn't be here still.

Sent from my XT1528
Smart thinking.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:29 AM   #40685
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Smart thinking.
I had a rescue group just send me a recipe for homemade Pedialyte. It's probably better for her. It's just water, salt, sugar and baking soda. I'm going to start giving that to her Instead of the Powerade.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 04-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #40686
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

She just came to me begging for food. I'm crying. I never thought that would mean so much. She walked in here​ and then to the kitchen. She could barely move last night. This has to be a very good sign. She's eating more chicken right now.

Maisy never lost her appetite or stop drinking even to the end. So this is new territory for me.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 04-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #40687
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've read that cats stop eating when they are preparing to die. My first cat had his ears cleaned out, under anesthesia. When he awoke, I think chewing didn't feel right. He stopped eating.

Also desperate, I took a jar of baby food, meat (I forget what kind). I diluted it way down, and used a syringe-like-thing (not a needle) to squirt it at the back of his throat, so that he had to swallow it. That seemed to re-awaken his hunger! He began eating, and was fine for years after.

So .... similar solution to what you used! I think your Gatorade also helped, as yours was dehydrated.

Good Going!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #40688
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I had a rescue group just send me a recipe for homemade Pedialyte. It's probably better for her. It's just water, salt, sugar and baking soda. I'm going to start giving that to her Instead of the Powerade.

Sent from my XT1528
Pedialyte has electrolytes not found in sugar and baking soda. Though the homemade version will be better than powerade. The cat doesn't need the dyes and sweetners in powerade but it won't hurt as a very temporary solution. Oh and baby food beef when she starts eating again.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #40689
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Pedialyte has electrolytes not found in sugar and baking soda. Though the homemade version will be better than powerade. The cat doesn't need the dyes and sweetners in powerade but it won't hurt as a very temporary solution. Oh and baby food beef when she starts eating again.
I found someone who has experience nursing sick animals. So she is staying with them for awhile. What's the first thing she did when she got there? Drank water and ate their food. Now she is exploring. Doesn't seem to miss me. She's already establishing her status as queen there. The little manipulator. They are going to take her to a vet. I'm prepared if they get attach to let her stay. I know I'm not at able to handle medical care cost right now.

I must have talk to 40 people yesterday. Rescue groups, Vets, Animal hospitals. No one would help. It took family and friends of family to find someone.

That was my last pet. I can't ever do this again. I always wondered if I did the right thing for Maisy. After seeing what Sweetpea is going through I now know I did.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #40690
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I found someone who has experience nursing sick animals. So she is staying with them for awhile. What's the first thing she did when she got there? Drank water and ate their food. Now she is exploring. Doesn't seem to miss me. She's already establishing her status as queen there. The little manipulator. They are going to take her to a vet. I'm prepared if they get attach to let her stay. I know I'm not at able to handle medical care cost right now.

I must have talk to 40 people yesterday. Rescue groups, Vets, Animal hospitals. No one would help. It took family and friends of family to find someone.

That was my last pet. I can't ever do this again. I always wondered if I did the right thing for Maisy. After seeing what Sweetpea is going through I now know I did.

Sent from my XT1528
Major hugs hun. You are in my thoughts.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:18 AM   #40691
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Holidaying in Doha, Qatar. It's about 90°F, just about to barbecue in our friends back garden then later today we're going dune bashing and camping overnight in the desert.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:08 AM   #40692
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Sitting here contemplating a load of housework;
or maybe, have a coffee instead and continue to
think about it....
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #40693
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Preparing for my 4 lectures this week and listening to the sounds of a thunderstorm on ambient mixer. The real storms are due here later today.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #40694
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Laundry. Already did the dishes and made the dog breakfast.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:26 PM   #40695
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Laundry here too. No dryer so it gets hung up in bathroom with a fan blowing in it but I can't​ begin to tell you how wonderful it is having our own washer. I love this washer! It's sooo quiet and it takes less than 40 minutes to do one load. It had these jets that rinse clothes as it's spins. Clothes come out clean, fresh and lightly damp. Best of all it's non HE so no fighting with water levels.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?