Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 05:24 AM   #31
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Which flashing tools did you use?
I am also curious about how the images where obtained in the first place
I've used RK Tools from this thread
Images already was in the first post (partition dumps) just needs to be renamed to file.img, names of files is also from the first post-
Quote:
Partitions:
Code:
mtdblock0 -> misc
mtdblock1 -> kernel
mtdblock2 -> ramdisk
mtdblock3 -> recovery
mtdblock4 -> backup (whatever that is for)
mtdblock5 -> cache
mtdblock6 -> userdata
mtdblock7 -> kpanic
mtdblock8 -> system (rootfs)
mtdblock9 -> user (sdcard)
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 AM   #32
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
I've used RK Tools
Thank you! So I suppose that RK Tools can also dump the images.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #33
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I am also curious about how the images where obtained in the first place
The exact binary I've used is from here:
http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ew-rk-2-1-tool
Here is the newer version, and links to other tools:
http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_image
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:14 PM   #34
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Does anyone knows if its possible to use A2 refresh mode with more shades just like in Onyx Boox devices? Only thing that this device is lacking is that A2 refresh is just black and white.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #35
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Here is a link to firmware Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2017112317 for model Icarus-E785BK that I received from the company today after submitting a support ticket requesting the firmware update.

I connected via USB, placed the update.zip file in the parent directory of My device. Ejected the device from the USB connection. Then I went to Settings - System update - selected to update From local memory. The device then rebooted and installed the update without a hitch.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-06-2018 at 05:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #36
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Excuse me if I missed it, I wondered if anyone could tell me if it’s possible on this device to browse the internet in a2 mode, i.e. flicker free updates of images and text, the speed is not so important, and if it can function similarly as monitor through network or usb?

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 02-25-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #37
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Excuse me if I missed it, I wondered if anyone could tell me if it’s possible on this device to browse the internet in a2 mode, i.e. flicker free updates of images and text, the speed is not so important, and if it can function similarly as monitor through network or usb?
Absolutely, it does scroll faster and more controllable. But not the best of experiences.

Though, I didn't comprehend what you meant by "function similarly as monitor through network or usb?"
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote