Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #46
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
Or I go to the collection, provided I want all new ebooks in that collection, select the add/remove option, then browse amongst those 53 pages for the ebooks to add to the collection. Lot of clicks again.
If you sort by recent, then all the new e-books come first and it is easy to add them all at once. You can also sort by title or by author. But yes, if you have that many collections, it probably won't be easy, no matter which way you do it.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #47
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
There's also a nice little trick for finding titles and authors starting with a specific letter. Say you have 53 pages of books. Sort them by author, for example. In the lower right corner it says "1 of 53". Click on it. Now you can choose to go directly to the authors starting with whatever letter you want. Yes, it still involves some clicking, but a lot less than clicking through 50 pages of authors.

You can do the above while adding books to a collection, too.

Perhaps you're already aware of this. i learned it a while later and it's been a big help.

Last edited by Sirtel; 09-14-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:55 AM   #48
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
In the lower right corner it says "1 of 53". Click on it. Now you can choose to go directly to the authors starting with whatever letter you want.

Perhaps you're already aware of this. i learned it a while later and it's been a big help.
Yes I am, I always use that to go to the last page, but often forget I could use the alphabet part of it.

As much as anything, we just develop habits I guess, and it would depend on how regularly you use your device and what for. Usually I just turn it on and continue reading. Every few weeks or (mostly) months I buy one or more ebooks, and then download them to my PC first via Kindle For PC, then when I get a chance, download them to one or more of my other devices. I then sort them to where they belong on those devices, perhaps creating a collection at the same time. I also do some other stuff , to keep Calibre in the loop.

Because I now use my KindEbook Wishlist program to monitor price changes for ebooks on my Amazon Wishlist, my purchases often come in spurts it seems. I watch a lot more books than it was feasible to do previously, but only purchase when they meet my criteria ... which is based on the patterns etc my program has helped me discover. I usually check the price once or twice a day, in under 15 minutes for about 60 or so ebooks. Much quicker than manually visiting each page via the Amazon Wishlist, which also contains non-ebook entries. My list of favorites I check in much quicker time, around 5 mins.

Last edited by Timboli; 09-15-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #49
steven168
Zealot
steven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & 3
i am the same scenario end up still getting kindle paperwhite as i need oxford dictionary
steven168 is offline   Reply With Quote