Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Question "Better" title when emailing to kindle

Hi,

I use the email book facility to send books to my kindle and all works fine. However, Kindle drives me mad that I can't sort books into series order.

Is there any way to get the emailing facility to alter the title but leave the Calibre library alone?

Something like SeriesName-SeriesNumber-Title
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The file has to be named that way. I believe that Calibre can do that, but I'm not familar enough with it to be able to tell you how, but someone else surely will.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
If you're willing to side load books on to your Kindle via USB rather than mailing them to your Kindle, you can use a "plug board" that will insert the series name/number before the title when transferring. I have this set up and it works great. It's been a while since I set this up, so I don't remember the exact steps, but it was relatively simple--if you do a search for "Plug boards" in this forum, I'm sure you'll come up with posts that include step by step instructions for this.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Plugboard, template, and custom composite column recipes

How to use plugboards: Kindle_and_Calibre_Plugboards

It works for send-to-email too. So yes, you can email them. Just choose the device "any device" which covers everything, or specify only the "email" device.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:13 AM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

It works for send-to-email too. So yes, you can email them. Just choose the device "any device" which covers everything, or specify only the "email" device.
Thanks for that eschwartz! Good to know that it works for send-to-email as well!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
DMee
Zealot

Thumbs up

Quote:

OMG! I seriously never knew this worked with email - OK off to waste a day deleting all emailed stuff and resending ;-)
Old 06-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #7
DMee
Zealot

OK, related to this - anyone know how to quickly delete hundreds of personal documents from the Amazon web site?? Doing one at a time is driving me mad!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
OK, related to this - anyone know how to quickly delete hundreds of personal documents from the Amazon web site?? Doing one at a time is driving me mad!!!
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221822

But I don't know if it will work on the new MYK page.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:

But I don't know if it will work on the new MYK page.
Then again, on the new MYK you can perform bulk actions anyway. Well, two of them -- Deliver and Delete.