Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
grafton84
grafton84 began at the beginning.

Device: none
List Index out of range

I keep getting this 'List out of range' error on an ePub I built.

calibre, version 2.49.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 2.49 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 909, in load_ebook
IndexError: list index out of range

I validated the file on http://validator.idpf.org/ and the file opens and reads fine on Nook reader, but apparently Calibre chokes on it, not sure why.

I ran it though all of the Calibre>Edit checks and fixed everything, so I don't know why I keep getting this error. Any suggestions? Regards,

Rob................

PS It's running on a Win10 64bit version in case that helps.
grafton84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
what were you doing to trigger this?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2016, 08:03 PM   #3
grafton84

Index out of range

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
what were you doing to trigger this?
I'm trying to view (read) the book.

Rob..............
Old 01-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafton84 View Post
I'm trying to view (read) the book.

Rob..............
That helps. the Gurus will need to weigh in.

Have you tried Library Maintenance (both phases)?

The db may be damaged.
Be sure to NOT be running on a Networked drive AND always have the cloud sync OFF when Calibre is running
(one way, sync AKA Shadow only is better when it does run)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd suggest opening a bug report; https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre and attach the epub in question, marking it as private.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1535532

EDIT: Actually, the beta I uploaded the other day for device detection should also improve the error message. http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #7
grafton84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1535532

EDIT: Actually, the beta I uploaded the other day for device detection should also improve the error message. http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
That was the version I was using. I put everything on local drives, still no good, I get this:

calibre, version 2.49.0
ERROR: Could not open ebook: Failed to read book, C:\Calibre Library\IFDA\Sales Manager's Play Book (1)\Sales Manager's Play Book - IFDA.epub click "Show Details" for more information
Old 01-20-2016, 12:16 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click Show details and post the full error message.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:17 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And note that the version number being the same is irrelevant -- the beta has different code, despite the version number being the same.