Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Benefits of Old Age

Okay, "old" is relative but I'm 51. When I was a teen I read every one of the Travis McGee novels by John D. MacDonald and loved each of them. I think I reread them again in my 30's. Now that I'm in my 50s I am rereading them yet again, realizing that I have forgotten the story lines enough that they are fresh to me again.

A bad memory is sometimes a good thing when it comes to books. On the other hand, I've sometimes been bitten by getting halfway through a book and realizing that it seems awfully familiar somehow. I've started to log the books I have read in a spreadsheet.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Don't forget where you saved the spreadsheet, and for goodness sake, don't password protect it!

I can't remember anything anymore either. I think maybe it is better this way.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
You can also hide your own Easter eggs
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Heck, yes. I've said before that one of the huge benefits of reaching "a certain age" is that you can re-read all your favourite detective stories and not know "who did it".

It's great!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I have a habbit of putting something "in a safe place." I'm so successful it's even safe from me. It may never be seen again.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I just saw a quote from another member here on this forum. Credit goes to Columbus:
"As I get older I find myself wondering more about the hereafter -

I walk into a room and wonder - - - - what I am here after?
"
Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro;
Okay, "old" is relative but I'm 51. When I was a teen I read every one of the Travis McGee novels by John D. MacDonald and loved each of them. I think I reread them again in my 30's. Now that I'm in my 50s I am rereading them yet again, realizing that I have forgotten the story lines enough that they are fresh to me again.

A bad memory is sometimes a good thing when it comes to books. On the other hand, I've sometimes been bitten by getting halfway through a book and realizing that it seems awfully familiar somehow. I've started to log the books I have read in a spreadsheet.
You also get to rediscover your family & see your wife (What wife!!) anew every day
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
edbro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
In that case, I've paid a high price and have nothing to show for it.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I went to a play last year - Memories of Water (I think). It was nearly half time interval when it dawned on me that it sounded familiar, and I realised I'd watched a movie called "Before I/You? Go". When I looked it up on the internet, the movie was based on the play.
Of course, in the movie you have different locations, and on a stage just one set, but I should have realised earlier.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue;
The first does not bestow the second IMHO!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
In that case, I've paid a high price and have nothing to show for it.
I'd ask for my money back then.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
The first does not bestow the second IMHO!
No, some of us stay child(ish)like forever.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #14
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
LibraryThing has been a Godsend for me --- letting me know what I've already read and what is still left on my plate.

www.librarything.com
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #15
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue;
No, some of us stay child(ish)like forever.
Me Me Me Me MeMe Me Me ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!