Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #46
bsanh
bsanh began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius7 View Post
I more prefer CoolReader for reading than KOreader https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=229288
I can't install Coolreader, every times I copy file *.bin to Kindle root , it disappear ( I can't update my Kindle then to install i)
I change to use KUAL to install from Mr parkage, it also fail
I also can't use Kindlemenu and some others app like "change screensaver"
It mean those apps didn't compatible with my PW3 5.9.6.1 jailbroken
I only use KOreader
bsanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #47
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanh View Post
I can't install Coolreader, every times I copy file *.bin to Kindle root , it disappear
CoolReader does not require installation, just unpack the archive to the root of the reader.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #48
Pisckuy
Pisckuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pw3
Hello, I can install LibrarianSync in this method??
Pisckuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #49
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisckuy View Post
Hello, I can install LibrarianSync in this method??
Yes. You will have to download from GitHub and copy LibrarianSync folder to extensions folder on the kindle.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #50
eldavo
eldavo began at the beginning.

Device: pw3 G090G1
It's so sad that I accidentally deleted the update blocker folder without noticing... my kindle auto updated to version 5.10.1.1...
eldavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #51
akisonfire
akisonfire began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Side note

First of all, very impressed by the work done. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must've been to make this available.

Although, as a PW3 owner myself who was inattentive when his kindle updated to 6.9.7, I am just wondering, should I hang tight and follow the forums for a method that could work for me or will it be a while longer still?

And again, congratulations you guys!
akisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:16 AM   #52
caitsith101
caitsith101 began at the beginning.

Can confirm another success using this method with stock 5.8.11 on a PW3, registered US. No need for reset. Went smoothly!

Thank you for putting this method together--very excited!
caitsith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #53
akisonfire
akisonfire began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akisonfire View Post
First of all, very impressed by the work done. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must've been to make this available.

Although, as a PW3 owner myself who was inattentive when his kindle updated to 6.9.7, I am just wondering, should I hang tight and follow the forums for a method that could work for me or will it be a while longer still?

5.9.7, sorry!
akisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #54
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by akisonfire View Post
- - - - - -
I am just wondering, should I hang tight and follow the forums for a method that could work for me or will it be a while longer still?

Future or potential future jail breaks are NEVER discussed in public prior to actual release.

Amazon has an entire department of full time, paid, programmers.
Part of their job is to prevent user alteration of their devices.
It would be a really big mistake to give them (they read this site) advanced information on a not-yet-released jail break.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #55
LinkYang
LinkYang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
i was failed in the Step 3-4 and got the Error Code: 16.
did i missing any thing? please advice.
0) Initial state: PW3 , 5.8.9.2 set English (US), registered during purchase (around 2015),
Blocked OTA via update.bin.tmp.partial directory in root.
1) Serial G090 G1
2) i try to [reset Device] and connected with Amazon account again.
3-4) Got [update_pw3_5.9.6.1_factory.bin] from another forum.
md5 is the same with yours: a5460e698a531c7770ba2b1ac31667b0
on the airplane mode, i try to update my PW3, after few minuites i got the update error code : 16.
after i reboot PW3, it still can work normally.
LinkYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:58 AM   #56
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
5.8.9.2 is a special case. You need to update to customer firmware first before installing the factory firmware. I think there might a couple other versions like this, too.

Most customer firmware versions between 5.8.9.2 - 5.9.6.1 should be fine but to be sure, install customer fw 5.9.6.1 (~200MB, just download directly from Amazon) before you install factory fw 5.9.6.1 (~700MB).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:54 PM   #57
LinkYang
LinkYang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hi ilovejedd:
Thank you for your great suggestion,
after i update the customer FW (update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.9.6.1.bin, 219.3 MB)
and factor FW (update_pw3_5.9.6.1_factory.bin, 777.3 MB) then i can success to continuous the other steps.
LinkYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:53 AM   #58
Nausicaa
Connoisseur
Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nausicaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Updated from 5.9.2.x to 5.9.6.1 and the jailbreak works well.

Sadly, the kindle is broken the frontlight and the hall sensor/magnetic controller are on the same strip, so I have to have both or neither. I used the KUAL helper (to disable screensaver) and it worked in stopping it from shutting down, but the light still goes on and off. At least it doesn't turn off anymore. The jailbreak helped me diagnose the issue and I can have it working mostly correct. Very welcome flawless jailbreak.

Thanks for making my out of warranty kindle work, without it, it just shut down every 3 seconds.

Last edited by Nausicaa; 01-18-2019 at 01:17 PM. Reason: forgot the 5 in front of the 9
Nausicaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #59
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Where are you getting those firmware version numbers?

The 2nd generation Kindle Fire (color) uses 8.x and 10.x but I can not find anything, either grayscale or color that uses firmware in the 9.x series.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:45 PM   #60
pheonix
pheonix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Hello. I have PW3 with firmware 5.9.7. Can I jailbrake it on this firmware or downgrade by this file: update_pw3_5.9.6.1_factory.bin
pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw3, pw3 jailbreak