Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #781
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblasi View Post
However there's a minor issue about the frontlight level: when it's set to the minimum (1%) this level is still too high compared to the same minimum level set in nickel. You can notice when using the frontlight in a complete dark room (that is in bed with my wife trying to sleep and telling me the light is annoying...). I didn't have this problem with the Glo HD, the minimum light level in coolreader was as low as in nickel.

Please, is it possible to remap the frontlight levels in coolreader so the minimum level matches the real minimum level of the Clara HD?
pblasi,

I got the frontlight implementation from koreader + have no kobo with comfort light . Could you please test whether this problem exists in koreader?
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #782
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
@sergeyvl12: newer devices (Clara, Forma and KoboH2O2, aura too¿?) use a mixer instead of separate G/R leds. On KOReader this is only implemented for the Forma https://github.com/NiLuJe/koreader/c...50b86ccd95e2d4, as you can see the interface is easier and the results are closer to stock.

More info here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-439700537

Last edited by pazos; 01-22-2019 at 04:39 PM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2019, 07:47 AM   #783
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
pblasi,

I got the frontlight implementation from koreader + have no kobo with comfort light . Could you please test whether this problem exists in koreader?
Yes, brightness when set to minimum (1%) in coolreader is the same in koreader, which is not as low as nickel can get. This difference is only noticeable in a complete dark room. In this situation and without being dramatic, 1% can be a little too bright.

Thanks
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #784
pblasi
Enthusiast

Fix for minimum brightness issue on Clara HD

@sergeyvl12: @pazos fixed the minimum brightness issue in koreader for the Clara HD. Now brightness and temperature behave the same way as in nickel!

Here is the kobo's "device.lua" from koreader including the fix (it's the only change on the code):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Ms...ew?usp=sharing

Could you please apply this fix to coolreader??

Thanks in advance!
Pau
Old 01-31-2019, 08:57 AM   #785
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@sergeyvl12: @pazos fixed the minimum brightness issue in koreader for the Clara HD. Now brightness and temperature behave the same way as in nickel!

Here is the kobo's "device.lua" from koreader including the fix (it's the only change on the code):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Ms...ew?usp=sharing

Could you please apply this fix to coolreader??

Thanks in advance!
Pau
Sure. I'll try to do it tomorrow.
Advert
Old 01-31-2019, 09:19 AM   #786
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sure. I'll try to do it tomorrow.
Now I'm thinking that with this fix, temperature level only has 10 steps (same as nickel). That means temperature level changes only on 0%, 10%, 20% to 100%. So, in coolreader, touching left and right arrows on the temperature control should now apply a 10% increase/decrease instead of only 1%.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #787
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Now I'm thinking that with this fix, temperature level only has 10 steps (same as nickel). That means temperature level changes only on 0%, 10%, 20% to 100%. So, in coolreader, touching left and right arrows on the temperature control should now apply a 10% increase/decrease instead of only 1%.
Hi!

Please try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ocbwqmc54..._kobo.zip?dl=0
Old 02-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #788
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
How can I update without overriding my actual settings? Thanks
Old 02-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #789
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
How can I update without overriding my actual settings? Thanks
1. copy zip to ".kobo"
2. Run "Upgrade" application

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id=en:upgrade
Old 02-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #790
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Frontlight not working at all after upgrading. I can see and use the controls (nice 1-10 levels for temperature btw), but light doesn't turn on.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:03 PM   #791
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Frontlight not working at all after upgrading. I can see and use the controls (nice 1-10 levels for temperature btw), but light doesn't turn on.
ok, I will recheck my code.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #792
dkarale2
dkarale2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
How to use the comfort light within the coolreader on Kobo Clara HD?

Last edited by dkarale2; 02-03-2019 at 12:38 AM.
dkarale2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:13 AM   #793
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
I've found an error.
Please try the new build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1epbnu3iec..._kobo.zip?dl=0

> How to use the comfort light within the coolreader on Kobo Clara HD?

First we should test the latest build.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:22 AM   #794
pblasi
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've found an error.
Please try the new build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1epbnu3iec..._kobo.zip?dl=0
It's working great now! Same as in nickel! Thanks!

My last suggestion: Make frontlight level start at 1% (not at 0%). We already have the toggle button to switch light on an off. When in complete dark environment, moving the slider to the left to precisely adjust the light will turn the light off when accidentally reaching 0%, then it can be difficult in the dark to find the right spot to turn it on again... Having the on/off toggle and making the minimum level start at 1% would have more sense to me. What do you think? Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2019, 03:38 AM   #795
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
It's working great now! Same as in nickel! Thanks!

My last suggestion: Make frontlight level start at 1% (not at 0%). We already have the toggle button to switch light on an off. When in complete dark environment, moving the slider to the left to precisely adjust the light will turn the light off when accidentally reaching 0%, then it can be difficult in the dark to find the right spot to turn it on again... Having the on/off toggle and making the minimum level start at 1% would have more sense to me. What do you think? Thanks again!
ok. will be done