Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
Jackwritesbooks
Jackwritesbooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Previewer: Differences between Kindle and iPhone/iPad modes

First off, I apologize if this could go in a more prudent location.

My question is regarding Kindle and Kindle DX modes vs. iphone and iPad modes in Kindle Previewer. Pictures are showing up for me in the Kindle Previewer only in iphone and iPad mode but not the Kindle modes. It's important than the pictures in question appear regardless of the device.

Is this merely a Kindle Previewer quirk and a minor inaccurate annoyance or is there something different I have to do to ensure the pics show up in Kindle devices?

Thank you in advance.
Jackwritesbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The pictures should show in the Kindle modes if coded properly. What are you using to create your mobi's? Do you have any examples of the source xhtml that's working in iP(hone|ad) mode but not in the Kindle modes?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Jackwritesbooks

I've converted to Mobi using both the .doc and .html files. I didn't use any kind of coding. I simply inserted the pics in the correct place within the .doc and used mobipocket to build from there. The pics show in the .html file when I convert to html and again, they show in iPad/iphone modes regardless of what I'm converting from.

Kindle/DX not so much.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Can you post a small mobi sample where a picture shows in iPad/iPhone mode but not in Kindle/DX mode? It might be easier to see what's going on. Are they normal jpeg/gif images?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Jackwritesbooks

Thank you in advance for helping with the issue.

Kindle:

Image too large - MODERATOR]

vs.

Iphone
Image too large - Moderator]

The files are PNGs.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-24-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Jackwritesbooks

Turns out the problem was, in fact, the PNG format. .Jpegs work but look bad. I'll adjust their size and hopefully that'll do the trick! Thank you!