Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 05:59 AM   #1096
vOOda
vOOda began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre on PC, Ipad, Mobile
Hello!
My first post here :-), nice to meet you folks!
Is there any plugin that extracts the Table of contents of books and add them to a database?
vOOda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #1097
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vOOda View Post
Hello!
My first post here :-), nice to meet you folks!
Is there any plugin that extracts the Table of contents of books and add them to a database?
What would this do for you?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #1098
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What would this do for you?
I guess it matters if you are reading technical book. Sort of a 'master index' of topics?

Most of the ones in my Library just have 'Chapter #' , and I agree with you, what do you gain .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #1099
vOOda

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I guess it matters if you are reading technical book. Sort of a 'master index' of topics?

Most of the ones in my Library just have 'Chapter #' , and I agree with you, what do you gain .
You are in my mine :-)
This is the reason!
e.x. On a collection of books for electronics I can see all the chapters concerned diodes, mosfets etc ...

Last edited by vOOda; 03-10-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #1100
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
This is the reason!
e.x. On a collection of books for electronics I can see all the chapters concerned diodes, mosfets etc ...
You could use the epub split and epub merge to create a master index. Split out all of the TOCs and then merge them all into one epub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2018, 04:53 AM   #1101
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
This is the reason!
Just to confirm you know. If you open a book in the Calibre reader you can copy the TOC to the clipboard. To do this just right click on the TOC and choose the option from the menu.

I do this and copy the copied TOC directly into a database, but it works equally well with a spreadsheet.

You may have to fiddle with the formatting of the TOC before you start.

Once I have the data in a database I can manipulate the data to show if all the stories in a single author story collection are contained in story collections I already have.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #1102
vOOda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You could use the epub split and epub merge to create a master index. Split out all of the TOCs and then merge them all into one epub.
What about if you have multiple formats?
Old 03-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #1103
vOOda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Just to confirm you know. If you open a book in the Calibre reader you can copy the TOC to the clipboard. To do this just right click on the TOC and choose the option from the menu.

I do this and copy the copied TOC directly into a database, but it works equally well with a spreadsheet.

You may have to fiddle with the formatting of the TOC before you start.

Once I have the data in a database I can manipulate the data to show if all the stories in a single author story collection are contained in story collections I already have.
Its a nice trick, but bad solution if you have in your collection 1000+ ebooks...
Old 03-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #1104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The thing is, it's not an easy task to write a plugin to pull out the ToC and put it in a database. An internal ToC does not have a specific format. So the plugin would have to try to handle this. ePub is easier since you can use the external ToC. But Mobi or KF8, not so easy.

And the returns are not going to be worth it for just one person.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #1105
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
What about if you have multiple formats?
Obviously my workaround requires all documents to be epub. Good luck with your goal.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #1106
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Any plugin that read the TOC and Count them, i need the number of chapter inside the TOC to add on the custom column. Its kind like CountPages, but this Count Chapter or anything in available TOC?
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #1107
bfenty
bfenty began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would love to see a web plugin that allows you to read online via the web interface. I'm working on creating a web-accessible library for myself and would like the ability to view on any web-connected device without first having to download the file.
bfenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #1108
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfenty View Post
I would love to see a web plugin that allows you to read online via the web interface. I'm working on creating a web-accessible library for myself and would like the ability to view on any web-connected device without first having to download the file.
You can already do that via the calibre content server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:20 PM   #1109
aquiaolado
aquiaolado began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
plugin needed google books search

I have ebooks in Calibre a library management software, they have a column with title. The plug-in must retrive the value of that column for the rows chosen, then do a search with that value in google books, then copy the ISBN that appears in the url, then change the "=" with a ":" between the word "ISBN" and the actual number and then substitute whatever there is in the field ISBN in Calibre with the value retrieved. That is it.
aquiaolado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #1110
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Uh!
Search the Internet Plugin does not work for this? (I mostly use it for covers)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe