Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Forum Français > E-Books

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
ricard1
ricard1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Talking Hello!

Hi everyone! New at this so bear with me.I'm a beginning book cover artist. I've several out that I did as give away covers. Now I'm almost to the point to charge and wondered what the going rate is. Any one have an answer?
ricard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Ricard. Price varies wildly and depends on which publisher you're working with. Also, it's an uber-competitive market now that there are so many imaginative and creative PhotoShop artists around. Original art is a different thing. My own indie publishing house has a staff artist and designer now. In the past, when we commissioned cover art or needed to use copyrighted artwork or a photographic image, we usually worked on a royalty basis and only very occasionally paid an up-front fee. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert