Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-27-2022, 01:51 PM   #1
DnK
DnK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Post Download metadata for epub

Hi,
I have some epubs, and i'm looking for app that can download metadata info like calibre, but not calibre, it many times put custom metadata and I hate order by author.

The perfect will be some thing like this https://github.com/benchen71/epub-metadata-editor but with option to download info in google or amazon, is any one app with this?

Pd: Sorry for my english is not my primary language
DnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:37 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, can't help with another application, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnK View Post
Hi,
I have some epubs, and i'm looking for app that can download metadata info like calibre, but not calibre, it many times put custom metadata and I hate order by author.
If calibre is adding custom metadata, then it means you have added it yourself. Calibre only downloads one piece of information that is not in the DC Core metadata. That is the series. Calibre does use it's own metadata for the series info in epub 2. For epub 3, the standard supports series info and calibre uses that. There are also tools to remove non-DC metadata from the books if it does get in there.

As to "order by author" comment, I don't know what that means. I always think of ordering as the responsibility of the application displaying the book. In which case, I'm not sure how this is a calibre problem. But, I assume you mean something else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert