Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #106
billingd
Enthusiast
billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.billingd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo
I really enjoyed reading this book. It inspired be to publish "Three in Norway", which I have uploaded today. I had an interesting time hand-crafting the book and learning from "Three Men in a Boat".
billingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #107
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast
Arthursbedtime doesn't litterArthursbedtime doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Loved the format on my Kobo. Good job and some.

I loaded the epub through Calibre. everything seems to work.

I ran it through Calibre's converter and the toc was lost.

I often do this to add a cover pic.
Arthursbedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #108
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Maybe you could try using Sigil to add the cover, bedtime. It's more hands-on than Calibre, but you won't lose anything of the existing formatting.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:20 AM   #109
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Maybe you could try using Sigil to add the cover, bedtime. It's more hands-on than Calibre, but you won't lose anything of the existing formatting.
Yes, I have been investigating, Sigil, but it is a learning curve.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #110
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthursbedtime View Post
Yes, I have been investigating, Sigil, but it is a learning curve.
For me too, mate!!

Adding a cover is pretty straightforward, though - much more so than adjusting the layout of an entire book.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #111
blanca_luz
blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle DXi-Touch-Keyboard-FireHD; Nook Touch Glowlight; Sony PRS-T1...
Wow Zelda... this is a great work!!!

blanca_luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #112
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
For me too, mate!!

Adding a cover is pretty straightforward, though - much more so than adjusting the layout of an entire book.
I have been using Sigil a lot.
If you use the file merge function then Calibre
will often give a good TOC.

So the best layout for Calibre is a cover page and
a single text file.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #113
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me the reason for using multiple files for epub?
I get the separate cover page. I haven't tried files on other EReaders
other than my old Kobo.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #114
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthursbedtime View Post
Can anyone tell me the reason for using multiple files for epub?
I get the separate cover page. I haven't tried files on other EReaders
other than my old Kobo.

It's because some older readers can't handle files bigger than 300k. Breaking the book into separate chapter files makes it easier for some readers to handle.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #115
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Looks great, thanks for the book.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #116
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow, this book looks terrific! Thanks for all your work on this.

I used KindleGen 2 to convert the EPUB to KF8, and it looks great on my Fire. It doesn't use the embedded fonts, but it flows the text nicely around the images; even the non-rectangular ones.

Can't wait till they roll-out KF8 support for the Touch.
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #117
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I haven't read the entirety of this thread, but can this be converted easily to a kindle format? I notice that the one in the kindle uploads isn't this illustrated version. Would it be possible for someone to convert this accurately?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #118
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Try using the latest KindleGen on the file and see for yourself how well it will work. When this was first done Amazon Kindle was still using KF7 format but now the new KF8 and AZK formats may render this ok. It is fairly easy to try using either KindleGen or Kindle Previewer. See our wiki for more details on these newer formats and tools.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #119
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I haven't read the entirety of this thread, but can this be converted easily to a kindle format? I notice that the one in the kindle uploads isn't this illustrated version. Would it be possible for someone to convert this accurately?
It converts perfectly if you use azw3. Either kindlegen as DaleDe recommends (though you'll end up with a file that contains both standard mobi and azw3 - easily split with KindleUnpack PI) or calibre for just azw3.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #120
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Doesn't solve your problem, but this book worked great on my PRS-505 (which you have listed in your profile)
radius is offline   Reply With Quote