Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #16
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgman View Post
I keep getting error: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'" when trying to import from StoriesOnline.net. I googled around and haven't found any solution though.
Yeah, this problem cropped up like 4 hours after I put out the release.

There's already a test version with a fix available.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
xgman
xgman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Yeah, this problem cropped up like 4 hours after I put out the release.

There's already a test version with a fix available.
Yea sorry I forgot to mention, that's the version I'm actually trying to use and it's the one giving me the error. Was just letting you know is all . Thanks for all the work so far.
xgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #18
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
At the tail end of the Index https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118764 there is a section Deprecated

This affects the Get plugins pulldown.
The question is: Should the Index entry for FFDL be move down there? (the thread stays)
Ah, I forgot about that section. Sorry for my density.

Yes, FFDL could be moved to the Deprecated part of the index now.

My understanding is that the Plugin Index thread is only read by humans now--it isn't read by Calibre directly any more to get updates.

(I know I gave up on asking for the index to be updated for my plugins over a year ago because I couldn't find out who was responsible for it after kiwidude.)
Old 04-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #19
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Yea sorry I forgot to mention, that's the version I'm actually trying to use and it's the one giving me the error. Was just letting you know is all . Thanks for all the work so far.
And this is exactly why I don't snap release new versions when there's a site change--it often takes a couple tries to get it right.

Attached is a new test version with an additional fix for storiesonline.net changes.

Question for everybody: Is it better to continue posting test versions in new posts as I did with FFDL, or should I use that #2 post to hold the test version so it's always in the same place?

UPDATE - The answer seems to be 'yes'. Test versions will now appear in the second post of the thread.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-17-2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #20
xgman
xgman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Working now, thanks a lot!

I think keeping the test version in the 2nd post is a good idea. That way if the thread extends a few pages past when the last test version was posted, people won't have to go back through the pages looking for it.
xgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #21
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
I think keeping the test version in the 2nd post is a good idea. That way if the thread extends a few pages past when the last test version was posted, people won't have to go back through the pages looking for it.
I'm seconding it
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #22
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I get the following error, for some reason I can't copy it, and I don't understand what the error means.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2015-04-16 19.24.23.png
Views:	1124
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	137349  
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #23
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I get the following error, for some reason I can't copy it, and I don't understand what the error means.
That's a small bug in the released version. It's fixed in the test version. You can safely ignore that message and "Save Anyway". Sorry about that.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
And this is exactly why I don't snap release new versions when there's a site change--it often takes a couple tries to get it right.

Attached is a new test version with an additional fix for storiesonline.net changes.

Question for everybody: Is it better to continue posting test versions in new posts as I did with FFDL, or should I use that #2 post to hold the test version so it's always in the same place?
I vote for Only having only 1 test version (post #2) place for the file to avoid 'which test version'.
If for some reason there needs to be 2 current test version, they still go in that post .
Post #1 Current Production Version
Post #2 Test version
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #25
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

My understanding is that the Plugin Index thread is only read by humans now--it isn't read by Calibre directly any more to get updates.

(I know I gave up on asking for the index to be updated for my plugins over a year ago because I couldn't find out who was responsible for it after kiwidude.)
Done, Since I do not use FFDL, could someone report when this appears to have hit the Calibre update system (AKA I got it done right )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #26
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Is there a limit to the personal.ini file?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #27
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there a limit to the personal.ini file?
Have you started having problems since the last time you asked?

A quick copy-paste-paste-paste, etc... test shows I can get up to some 800KB and ~32,000 lines in personal.ini and it's still working.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #28
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks. If I run into any trouble I'll let you know
Old 04-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #29
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:

Hmm. My understanding is that the plugin index is needed for everything except version information, which I think is extracted directly from the plugin when scraping the individual threads. Saves having to update the index unless new plugins appear, but you'd still have to manage other metadata updates there.

Speaking of which, theducks -- FanFictionDownloader is correctly showing up as deprecated, but you should also add the "Uninstall" metadata to FanFicFare -- see Kindle Collections, KindleUnpack, Goodreads, Moly_hu, etc. for examples.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #30
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Hmm. My understanding is that the plugin index is needed for everything except version information, which I think is extracted directly from the plugin when scraping the individual threads. Saves having to update the index unless new plugins appear, but you'd still have to manage other metadata updates there.
I believe that last updated date at least also come from scraping the individual threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Speaking of which, theducks -- FanFictionDownloader is correctly showing up as deprecated, but you should also add the "Uninstall" metadata to FanFicFare -- see Kindle Collections, KindleUnpack, Goodreads, Moly_hu, etc. for examples.
I assume you mean FanFicFare should clean up FFDL's settings etc at some point? I'll look into that.

Tags
fanfiction