Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #46
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
attached file for alex
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.php.txt (7.8 KB, 844 views)
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:03 PM   #47
cyberax
cyberax has learned how to buy an e-book online

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and was excited to see that people are really working together to find the PHP version of the google checksum algo.

I would also be part of this joint effort and would also love to see the working PHP version.

By far and large I know about the checksum calculation is that it is using Hash Function and instead of using the lengthy process if we could translate the Hash Function by Bob Jenkins at : http://burtleburtle.net/bob/c/lookup2.c to PHP it would really work good for us.

The Process:

GOOGLE_MAGIC = 0xe6359a60

The functions that would be required are: mix(a,b,c) and ub4 hash( k, length, initval)

would be called as: hash(url, strlen(url), GOOGLE_MAGIC));

We need to encode the url first.

The C version of the urlencode function is as follows:

void urlencode(char *u, char *e) {
while (*u != '\0') {
if (*u == '.') {
*e++ = '%';
*e++ = '2';
*e = 'E';
} else if (*u == ':') {
*e++ = '%';
*e++ = '3';
*e = 'A';
} else if (*u == '/') {
*e++ = '%';
*e++ = '2';
*e = 'F';
} else {
*e = *u;
}
u++;
e++;
}
}

I am already working on a C version of the same. And I hope it would be complete soon.

I hope this will help.

Cheers,
CyberaX
cyberax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2004, 12:10 AM   #48
cyberax

Someone who have earlier hacked the Google Toolbar suggested we must also add "info:" before hashing the URL

Cheers,
Cyberax

Last edited by cyberax; 06-27-2004 at 12:11 AM. Reason: name change
Old 06-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #49
cyberax

If I am not wrong then please also try to check the CH value with the following string:

$url = 'info%3Awww%2Edomb%2Ecam';

please revert back on the same.

Regards,
Old 06-27-2004, 01:51 AM   #50
rayg
Nameless Being

Smile c version works

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberax
By far and large I know about the checksum calculation is that it is using Hash Function and instead of using the lengthy process if we could translate the Hash Function by Bob Jenkins at : http://burtleburtle.net/bob/c/lookup2.c to PHP it would really work good for us.

I am already working on a C version of the same. And I hope it would be complete soon.
i also ran across that code when i search for the "0x9e3779b9" but couldn't get it to work before. then when i saw your post i took another hack at it and it works. no code needed changing, just needed to prepend 'info:'. encoding the url breaks it.
Advert
Old 06-27-2004, 04:10 AM   #51
cyberax

Thumbs up

Hey thats gr8 guys

You all are too good
Old 06-27-2004, 04:16 AM   #52
cyberax

So now can anyone translate it into a full working PHP code and post it on this forum ?

Try to make the function something like GetGoogleCH("www.cyberax.net") which should return the 11 digit CH value.

Looking forward to see that code soon :cool

Cheers
Cyberax
Old 06-27-2004, 04:53 AM   #53
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is great news... the php script Alex and I were working on will work soon, but of course to have a clean c version of the hash function makes it easier and prettier at the end.

cyberax, how did you find out that the hash function is the one by this Bob Jenkins?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:56 AM   #54
doctorow
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayg
i also ran across that code when i search for the "0x9e3779b9" but couldn't get it to work before. then when i saw your post i took another hack at it and it works. no code needed changing, just needed to prepend 'info:'. encoding the url breaks it.
Ahhh... perhaps I should have googled more
Old 06-27-2004, 06:46 AM   #55
alexstapleton
Enthusiast
alexstapleton doesn't litteralexstapleton doesn't litter

Is that code THE googlechecksum though? It is substanitally different from the google code if im reading it right. In particular the values used for shifting
alexstapleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:48 AM   #56
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

we still have the slight problem of it producing minus numbers when it shouldnt too. today i will work converting the ASM code to inline MASM assmebly for writing a PHP module
Old 06-27-2004, 06:57 AM   #57
cyberax

Probably I had an intuition about the same

Cyberax
Old 06-27-2004, 06:58 AM   #58
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

do you want to post your C source for the hash function?
Old 06-27-2004, 07:14 AM   #59
alexstapleton
Enthusiast

thanks. i shal work on turning it into php right now.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:20 AM   #60
cyberax

hi alex.. we are all behind you